Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction and advice in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies and procedures across the organization. Responsibilities may include (all or some of the following): recruitment, salary administration, benefits, employee relations, performance management, and overall oversight for the HR Team at the assigned site. The Human Resources Manager will establish and maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers. The HR Manager must maintaining employee confidence and protect Safran Cabin operations by keeping personnel data confidential and ensuring all HR team members, as well as site leadership, comply with this confidentiality.
Manage the design and implementation of Human Resources initiatives, programs and policies to meet strategic business needs.
• Lead the delivery of Human Resources services through fostering a customer-centric culture.
• Process all Employee Relations concerns including conducting investigations and ensuring compliance with State/Federal Regulations and Company Policies
• Coach and advise management on succession planning
• Promote Company culture and core values
• Help ensure that the Company adheres to State/Federal regulations
• Coach management on Employee Relations issues and compliance with laws to ensure consistency
• Understand, implement, and enforce Company Policies
• Create, maintain, and perform Disciplinary Actions
• Perform terminations
• Advise Management on proper disciplinary and termination protocol
• Address Health and Safety issues in the workplace
• Ensure record keeping is in compliance with State/Federal regulations and complete internal audits
• Participate in Customer, FAA, and AS9100 audits
• Ensure that proper training is conducted for all Employees
• Provide proper training and answer questions for the HR team
• Complete regular weekly/monthly reports as requested by VP/GM and/or Director of HR
• Keeps management appropriately informed of Facility activities and of any significant/potential problems
• Develop specific goals and plans for the individual Facilities' HR Department and take necessary steps to achieve those goals.
• General Notes:
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
• 8 years' of overall Human Resources experience; including 3 years' minimum of HR management responsibility OR
• 8 years' of overall Human Resources experience; including 5 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist
• Solid foundation and knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Knowledge of both State and Federal Labor Laws
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
• Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
• Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including, Word and Excel
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• HR certification
• 10 years' overall experience in HR
• Collective bargaining experience
• Degree with focus in Human Resources
• HRIS - ADP knowledge
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- © Safran