1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Act as CAD/PLM administrator for all design models, drawings and tools.
• Create accurate models and drawings of engine components and assemblies. Assure that designs meet customer requirements, taking into account the engineering budget and schedule goals.
• Support new business opportunities and create conceptual designs as required.
• Participate in the creation of a world-class engineering team that is sought after by clients.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design gas turbine components for hot and cold section, gearbox, LRUs and other gas turbine installation or tooling equipment and as directed.
• Review designs to confirm compliance with specs & work with other members of the design/analysis team.
• Follow-up with other engineering groups to assure design performs as specified.
• Issue detailed drawings and reports to document the results of the design.
• Coordinate with other engineering and company departments to achieve optimization of the design, based on established constraints.
• Act as CAD/PLM administrator for all design models and drawings and design tools
• Act as primary administrator of CAD/PLM systems (CATIA/NX/Teamcenter) and assist with document management.
3.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Associates Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting. Trained in NX and/or Catia including administrator role for licenses.
• 5+ years' experience in gas turbine design and analysis, preferably for aerospace applications.
• 5+ years' experience with design tools such as NX, CATIA, configuration management, design control, quality control.
• Experience in designs that comply with airworthiness rules and aviation standards as related commercial aircraft engines.
• Understand the operation of aircraft Auxiliary Power Units and related systems.
• Ability to optimize designs with multiple constraints. Understands configuration management and design control.
• Skilled in dimensional stackups, GD&T, manufacturing and assembly methods
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make good decisions related to component design and application
• Creative and innovative problem solver.
• System administration skills for maintenance and support of CAD/PLM systems and software.
4.0 Desired Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• 10k+ hours NX Siemens version 9.0/10.0
• Design CAD models for DFM (e.g. castings, forgings, machining, and sheet metal).
• Deep understanding of ASME Y14.5
• CAD modeling experience with Top Down Design methodology of multiple parts assemblies.
• Desire knowledge of NX modules: Sheet Metal, Surfaces, Piping, Solid Modeling and Drafting.
• Experience modeling complex NX Turbomachinery components ( e.g. Turbine Blades, Rotors, Castings).
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or
• The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
赛峰动力装置公司（Safran Power Units）专业从事民用与军用航空领域各种动力辅助机组和启动系统，以及用于导弹和无人机的涡轮喷气发动机的设计和生产。公司是其所在领域的全球领导者，从1961年成立至今，已在全球范围内交付了超过21,000套系统。
- © Safran