Under the direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing complex electrical design projects for a variety of industrial data acquisition and control systems related to the testing of various jet engines. They will serve as a technical expert on electrical projects and ensure compliance with the quality and standards of Safran Test Cells. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will contribute to team efforts by mentoring and supervising the Electrical Engineers, Designers, and Drafters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a technical expert on Safran Test Cells' electrical systems and products.
• Support Customers with technical issues and provide troubleshooting instructions.
• Support Electrical Engineering Manager in quoting projects and participate in Sales quote reviews.
• Manage electrical design projects and oversee the development of Safran Test Cells' electrical products.
• Design electrical systems including engine wiring harness and control systems, cable assemblies, facility interconnecting wiring, facility control systems, instrumentation packages, and data acquisition systems using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Lead design reviews internally as well as support project reviews externally with project management members and customers.
• Provide guidance and supervision to Electrical Engineers, Designers, and Drafters.
• Facilitate research and development projects to enhance Safran Test Cells' capabilities.
• Develop Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance tests to verify the performance of final products.
• Work with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineers in a cross-functional environment.
• Ensure that all electrical designs and drawings comply with industry standards and Safran Test Cells' standards.
• Provide feedback to engineering management on group and personal work progress and status.
• Work in accordance with and furnish improvements to Safran Test Cells' Engineering Design Process and Quality Maintenance System.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes through Safran company trainings.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
• 7+ years related industry experience required.
• CE and ATEX regulatory experience required.
• Design of electrical systems using AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent in one or more of the
following areas required:
o Data acquisition and control systems
o Power distribution systems
o Wiring harnesses and junction boxes
o Building electrical ducting and services
• FMEA and LEAN 6 Sigma training preferred
• Proven ability to balance risk, effectively influence diverse teams, and take ownership of responsibility for outcomes while fostering a positive team spirit.
• Demonstrated success managing and leading large-scale, complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and partners.
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills by anticipating problems including problem
identification, action planning and execution.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and externally.
• Ability to lead other engineers by encouraging accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of work; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors project work to ensure quality of outcomes.
• Able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Safran Aero Boosters 设计、开发并生产用于航空及航天设备推进的各种低压压气机、设备及试验台。公司为市场上大部分的民用飞机及欧洲阿丽亚娜（Ariane）运载火箭提供装备。位于列日（Liège）（比利时），公司拥有1,800名雇员和2家美国子公司"
- © Safran