Working under the direction of the Quoting Manager, the Project Estimator is responsible for creating proposals and bid documents by collecting and analyzing data for project estimates for Safran Test Cells customers. Additionally, they will play a key role in providing complete and competitive responses to RFQ's and customer specifications for Safran Test Cells products. The Project Estimator will work towards developing an in-depth understanding of customer needs, evaluate costs, quotes, and other data from vendors and through on-site visits as appropriate to determine Safran's ability to meet customer requirements. The Project Estimator shall compare current cost estimates with past estimates and project financials to ensure Safran is providing cost effective solutions while leveraging our competitive pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• In consultation with the Sales Manager & Quoting Manager, determine best approach to providing complete and competitive responses after reviewing customer RFQ's, specifications, and other relevant documentation.
• Consult with Safran Test Cells' Engineering Management to identify differences between new bids and historical bids to develop cost and price estimates and technical proposals from similar projects.
• Assist the Supply Chain team in developing RFQs for sub-contracted items by consulting with Engineering, Project Management, and other departments.
• In response to Customer RFQs, develop cost estimates, detailed technical proposals, compliance matrices and other bid documents for Safran Test Cells' projects to accurately describe the solution that is being bid and are consistent with one another.
• Update and improve cost estimates and proposal text for Standard Work Packages.
• Visit potential customer sites with the Sales Manager as needed to gain a better understanding of the RFQ and customer needs that will support the bid.
• Partner with Sales and Engineering to balance competing priorities of cost and function to develop cost effective solutions that provide the most value to the customer. Interface with various engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, and Aero-acoustic, etc.) to identify Safran Test Cells' equipment, technical resources, and capabilities to comply with customer requirements.
• Partner with global colleagues to support International proposals and bids
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Safran Test Cells' Supply Chain Management to identify vendors, build supplier relationships, and evaluate the quotations received for cost and compliance to the requirements.
• Participate in the development of promotional activities such as sales literature development, standard costing and technical proposal models.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science or a related technical field required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience required.
• 2-3 years of closely related experience, such as technical estimation or construction estimation, required.
• Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within scope of assigned authority
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently
• Proficient in Excel and Word; knowledgeable in MS Projects and PowerPoint
• Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities in various stages of completion
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution
• Demonstrated ability to understand engineering drawings and models
• Proven ability to communicate about both customer needs and solutions
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a positive customer service experience
• Highly developed skill set in leadership practices including ability to balance risk, effectively influence diverse teams, and ownership of responsibility for outcomes
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers, suppliers, and team members
• Ability to think critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
Safran Aero Boosters 设计、开发并生产用于航空及航天设备推进的各种低压压气机、设备及试验台。公司为市场上大部分的民用飞机及欧洲阿丽亚娜（Ariane）运载火箭提供装备。位于列日（Liège）（比利时），公司拥有1,800名雇员和2家美国子公司"
- © Safran