Under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Designer I is responsible for supporting and creating low level complexity mechanical designs and performance calculations related to the testing of various jet engines and their ability to withstand specified loading conditions, including material selection and specification, sheet metal, weldments, and machining and strength characteristics. The Mechanical Engineer will work with the support and guidance of other Mechanical Engineers to complete assigned tasks in compliance with the quality and standards of Safran Test Cells.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with analyzing and designing detailed mechanical designs which comply with industry standards and Safran Test Cells' standards.
• Assist with performing calculations related to product, form, fit, structural requirements and function supporting project requirements.
• Ensure that product designs are produced in accordance with Safran Test Cells' Engineering Design process and Quality Management System.
• Ensure cost effective mechanical designs in compliance with specified technical and contractual requirements.
• Design with awareness of manufacturing ease, material availability, likely deviation requests, shipping constraints, ease of installation and product maintenance and usability in addition to the amount of engineering effort required to complete the task.
• Provide ongoing feedback to management on deliverables completing assigned tasks with supervision and guidance.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CAD and CAE; 3D Solid Modeling (Siemens NX preferred), AutoCAD familiarity, and FEA.
• Strong analytical skills with emphasis on structural design, FMEA, and Risk analysis.
• Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the firm.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Associates degree in technical or engineering related discipline required.
• 2+ years of mechanical design experience required.
• Regulatory experience with CE and ATEX preferred.
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Engineering Drawing Practices, Structural Welding Codes and Drafting Standards preferred.
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
Safran Aero Boosters 设计、开发并生产用于航空及航天设备推进的各种低压压气机、设备及试验台。公司为市场上大部分的民用飞机及欧洲阿丽亚娜（Ariane）运载火箭提供装备。位于列日（Liège）（比利时），公司拥有1,800名雇员和2家美国子公司"
- © Safran