Under the direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer II is responsible for creating electrical designs and wiring diagrams for a variety of industrial data acquisition and control systems related to the testing of various jet engines. They will be responsible for managing their own work while assisting with SMS efforts, on-site installations, providing customer support and troubleshooting instructions. The Electrical Engineer II will contribute to team efforts by assisting the Electrical Engineer I's, Drafters and Designers as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage small electrical design projects with minimal guidance and supervision of Sr. Electrical Engineers, overseeing schedule, budget, and task breakdowns.
• Responsible for design efforts that span a range of support systems including engine wiring harness and control systems, facility interconnecting wiring diagrams, facility control systems, and data acquisition systems.
• Create high-level and low-level detailed wiring diagrams for various industrial data acquisition, control systems, and cable assemblies using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Facilitate design reviews internally as well as support project reviews externally with project management members and customers.
• Work with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software engineers in a cross-functional environment.
• Create designs and drawings which comply with industry standards and Safran Test Cells' standards.
• Provide feedback to engineering management on work progress and status.
• Work closely with a team of other electrical engineers, designers, drafters, and management to help produce project deliverables.
• Collect and interpret information from a variety of design inputs including; previous designs, customer specifications, sketches, OEM and customer-specific
• Work in accordance with Safran Test Cells' Engineering Design Process and Quality Maintenance System.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes through Safran company training opportunities.
• Use knowledge of electrical design concepts, standards, and practices to support existing customers on equipment and services providing troubleshooting instructions on familiar work packages.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations
and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
• 3+ years related industry experience required.
• CE and ATEX regulatory experience preferred.
• Design of electrical systems using AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent in one or more
of the following areas:
o Data acquisition and control systems
o Power distribution systems
o Wiring harnesses and junction boxes
o Building electrical ducting and services
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service and team experience.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Proficient with MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced
environment while exercising initiative and judgment as well as making decisions
within scope of assigned authority.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution.
Able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally,
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Safran Aero Boosters 设计、开发并生产用于航空及航天设备推进的各种低压压气机、设备及试验台。公司为市场上大部分的民用飞机及欧洲阿丽亚娜（Ariane）运载火箭提供装备。位于列日（Liège）（比利时），公司拥有1,800名雇员和2家美国子公司"
- © Safran