Under the direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Electrical Designer II is responsible for creating more electrical designs and wiring diagrams for a variety of industrial data acquisition and control modules related to the testing of various jet engines. The Electrical Designer II will lead design responsibilities on smaller projects and be required to complete assigned tasks in compliance with quality and standards defined by Safran Test Cells with little supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create detailed wiring diagrams for various industrial data acquisition, control systems, and cable assemblies using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Work with a high-level of independence, requiring little assistance of Electrical Engineers to complete assigned tasks on schedule and budget to ensure compliance with specified technical and contractual requirements.
• Create designs and drawings which comply with industry standards and Safran Test Cells standards.
• Provide feedback to engineering management on work progress and status.
• Work closely with a team of engineers, drafters, and management to help develop project deliverables.
• Work in accordance with Safran Test Cells' Engineering Design process and Quality Maintenance System.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes through Safran company training opportunities.
• Obtain information from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings and instructions furnished by electrical engineers and convert the information into detailed drawings.
• Design with total cost awareness including factors such as ease of manufacturing, ease of installation and product maintenance and usability.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Associates degree in electrical technology or a related field required.
• 5+ years of related experience required.
• Regulatory experience with CE and ATEX is preferred.
• Experience in the design of electrical systems using AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent in one or more of the following areas required:
o Data acquisition and control systems
o Power distribution systems
o Wiring harnesses and junction boxes
o Building electrical ducting and services
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service and team experience.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Proficient with MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment while exercising initiative and judgment as well as making decisions within scope of assigned authority.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution.
• Demonstrated understanding of simple electrical design concepts, standards, and practices.
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Safran Aero Boosters 设计、开发并生产用于航空及航天设备推进的各种低压压气机、设备及试验台。公司为市场上大部分的民用飞机及欧洲阿丽亚娜（Ariane）运载火箭提供装备。位于列日（Liège）（比利时），公司拥有1,800名雇员和2家美国子公司"
- © Safran