The Software team plays a critical role in implementing, configuring, customizing, and enhancing existing software and other systems to monitor engine performance. The team works closely with Safran Test Cells (STC) customers to ensure STC's software products exceed customer expectations. Additionally, the team provides ongoing customer support and training to STC customers as necessary.
The Software Engineer I is primarily responsible for configuring hardware and software for STC's customers and assisting with new feature development, product enhancements, and customization projects as assigned. They will participate in maintenance and/or troubleshooting activities including testing, reviewing, and analyzing processes of familiar toolsets and engine software packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the development and testing of Safran Test Cells' data acquisition and control application.
• Write source code that meets functional, usability, and performance requirements.
• Prepare documentation that meets organizational standards.
• Complete assigned tasks with supervision and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements.
• Participate in design reviews, peer code reviews, and testing activities.
• Provide ongoing feedback to management on deliverables.
• Provide timely and complete information to the QA group to facilitate formal testing.
• Acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products, and processes.
• Assist with providing product support through design, implementation, installation, and commissioning.
• Continually enhance technical skills through on-going training offered by Safran and other vendors.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and SQL databases.
• Basic knowledge of Internet/Web technologies and client/server models in regard to application development.
• Must demonstrate communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve quality and monitor work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required.
• Structured programming background with 0 to 3 years of software design experience in one or more of the following programming languages C, C++, C# required.
• Experience working with LAN based instrumentation including writing drivers for LAN based devices utilizing TCP/IP or UDP/IP preferred.
• Experience writing multi-threaded software preferred.
Safran Aero Boosters 设计、开发并生产用于航空及航天设备推进的各种低压压气机、设备及试验台。公司为市场上大部分的民用飞机及欧洲阿丽亚娜（Ariane）运载火箭提供装备。位于列日（Liège）（比利时），公司拥有1,800名雇员和2家美国子公司"
- © Safran