You are accountable for a portfolio of strategic repair suppliers in North America; you are their unique supply chain point of contact. Your customers are the local supply chains part of Safran Aircraft Engines network (located in France, Mexico, Morocco, & Belgium). You are part of Safran USA and functionally part of Global Supply Chain team in Support & Services Division within Safran Aircraft Engines. Your objective is to manage supplier relationships and make sure suppliers deliver parts according to Safran needs.
Location & Reporting:
This position is open in our Safran USA office located in Cincinnati, Ohio. You will report to Romain Delerry who is the MRO Team Manager solid line and to the MRO Procurement Manager in France dotted line.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
Your job consists of:
- Centralizing all repair orders initiated by local supply chains and detecting any transportation issues
- Closely tracking on-time inspection results
- Making sure suppliers commit to end repair dates and tracking that suppliers are well on target to deliver parts against their commitments
- Knowing supplier purchasing agreement specifics and challenge suppliers to honor their contractual obligations
- Notify local supply chain if there is a supply chain constraint with a supplier and providing WIP prioritization to supplier(s)
- Entering key data into SAP for real time information to your local supply chain customers
Your success will be determined by:
- Your ability to maintain a close relationship with your supplier contacts at all organization levels
- Your customer orientation to match local supply chain needs
- Your ability to challenge suppliers based on your MRO knowledge
- Your ability to detect any deviation in supplier logistics performance and propose improvement actions
- Your ability to maintain a close relationship with Safran Supplier Team members (Supplier Performance Manager, Purchaser, Quality Manager, Engineering)
- Your knowledge of supplier capability and ability to detect upfront any flow, which cannot be managed/achieved
Required soft skills :
Reactivity & customer orientation
Assertiveness with regards to your supplier
Proactivity once a problem is detected
Minimum: Bachelor of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering
English native or close to native to communicate with suppliers
Successful past supplier relationship experience
Technical skills on engine maintenance / parts repair
French language speaking will be considered as a plus.
Minimum: 2 years in supply-chain, purchasing or production in Aerospace Industry.
Preferred: 5+ years in supply-chain, purchasing or production in MRO Aerospace Industry
Business trips to your major suppliers in your portfolio (20% of your time)
Business trips to France twice per year
- © Safran