The Director of Aircraft Completions directs, coordinates and oversees all activities related to the successful execution of interior completions at multiple facilities as part of a matrix organization. Provides leadership, supervision, mentoring and training. Facilitates interdepartmental cohesiveness between all departments, vendors and individuals by performing the following duties. Position will be located in Moses Lake, WA with oversite of multiple facilities in Washington and Texas.
• Utilizes and executes a high-level decision-making ability to support and direct successful program outcomes.
• Provides strong planning and leadership to ensure effective execution of projects, mitigation of risks and provides leadership in developing team-based solutions to issues and challenges as they arise.
• Provides matrix leadership to the on-site team consisting of Greenpoint and partner companies.
• Develops and leads a multi-site completions team located in Washington and Texas.
• Participates and leads the identification and hiring of critical craftsman, technicians and other support functions at Modification Center.
• Provides clear identification, direction, delegation and oversight of tasks to project support staff as needed to ensure projects progress to plan, monitoring metrics, measures and project milestones and activities.
• Ensures the facility, personnel, processes and systems are functioning and adhering to quality, safety and program standards as set by Greenpoint, Safran and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures appropriate Modification Center monitoring/reporting systems and processes supporting modification facility completion activity are established, communicated and working properly to ensure projects progress on schedule, within budget and meet or exceed minimum quality standards.
• Communicates concise and comprehensive Modification Center status and priorities to the Greenpoint leadership and program team.
• Monitors metrics, measure and activities to provide early identification of issues, develops and implement mitigation plans/activities to ensure items are effectively resolved.
• Provides Client with an on-site direct point of contact regarding modification site activities in accordance with Greenpoint leadership communication plans.
• Negotiates assigned items including revised internal program dates, costs or other proposal/contract parameters as needed and directed by Greenpoint leadership.
• Supports and coordinates engineering, supply chain, program management, production, quality and certification requirements and activities are successfully accomplished in support of interior modification activities.
• Ensures aircraft completion projects adherence to contract requirements and technical specifications.
• Organizes and facilitates contractual coordination and milestone meetings.
• Manages additional contractors and consultants hired in support of completion activity.
• Trains and mentors less experienced staff by ensuring processes and best practices are implementing and followed.
• Prepares and conducts 1:1 discussions, annual performance reviews, mid-year reviews and makes salary adjustment recommendations.
• Proactively addresses any employee relations issues to enhance morale and productivity.
• Facilitates a positive relationship with Completion Center, Client and Greenpoint family of companies.
• Supports Greenpoint and Safran corporate values and culture.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks and ensures assignment of tasks to team members meet project requirements.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Recommends invoices for payment (within budgetary limitations and scope of authority) based on satisfactory accomplishment of deliverables.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree with a combined minimum of 10 years related experience or graduate level degree equivalents and five years of people leadership experience. PMP Certification required. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience required. A&P Certification desired, but not required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development and effective change management.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Ability to build effective working relationships, persuade and influence.
• Demonstrated experience with high-level, critical, analytic and strategic thinking.
• Ability to balance sensitive company information with Client needs and issues.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Demonstrated track record of strong people leadership and development, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Detailed understanding, knowledge and experience of aircraft maintenance programs.
• Must possess broad technical knowledge and familiarity of aircraft, maintenance, interior completions and FAA/EASA certification.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and have knowledge of aircraft parts, assembly and installation.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, partner companies, Clients and project teams.
• Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
• Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications and Project Management software.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and lift up to 25 lbs.
6955, 6998 22nd Avenue Northeast & 7966 Andrews WA 98837
- © Safran