The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning, including producing schedules, material lists, and production plans.
• Plans and schedules work flow for every single work station according to the
manufacturing sequence of operation and control lead time.
• Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing sequence,
assembly and production work flow.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet
• Prepares production reports, productivity reports, cost analysis graphs and
delivery charts that drive process and performance improvement.
• Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types
of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy,”
establishes safety stock/Reorder points, and validates Bill of Material in the
• Sets up all purchase requisitions for Purchasing personnel, based on need
dates, lead times and quantity requirements
• Plans and releases intercompany requirements and maintains Distribution
Orders to ensure on time delivery and right quality
• Manages intercompany transfers
• Read, interpret, create and validate complex, multi-level Bill of Material
• Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping appropriate
stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
• Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate
• Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
• Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
• Preserves engineering revision control
• May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff
• Performs work under general supervision
• Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and escalates more
complex issues to higher level staff
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience working in an ERP/MRP environment required Experience: 3+ years of production planning and/or material planning experience
• Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with an MRP system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP)
requirements, purchase order and manufacturing order generation process
and inventory management practices.
• Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational concepts
surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom
operation and shipping and receiving.
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and
commodities related to aircraft lavatory production.
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with
attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints and drawings
• Dedication and commitment to ensure all work is completed without
• Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to
• Customer service oriented
12810 State Ave WA 98271
- © Safran