Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Safran Cabins a great place to work. This is a company where you can grow and advance, and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it!
We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
The Cost Accountant analyzes material, labor or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, or other cost-related performance measures.
Summary of Duties:
• Collect and analyze data to determine production costs by performing the following:
o Variance Analysis
o Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
o Standard Costing
o Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
o Inventory Valuation Analysis
o Ad-hoc financial analysis
• Assist Controllers in preparing financial reports and give recommendations based on available data.
• Assist Controllers in preparing Standard Costing as needed.
• Demonstrate understanding of BOM & Routings for cost validation.
• Provide reports and back up to internal and external auditors as requested.
• Update ERP with Overhead & Labor Rate Calculations supplied by Controllers.
• Assist in Cross Functional Training of Cost Accounting Concepts
• Perform period end closing activities and perform journal entries and GL account analysis.
• Perform account reconciliations to drive accuracy in inventory cycle and review with Controllers at Balance Sheet Review meetings.
• Perform Error Clearing and work with appropriate departments to resolve recurring issues.
• Perform Annual Cost roll with multi-week validations.
• Prepare audit reports and present findings to management to improve transparency
• Assist with physical inventory audits as requested.
• Assist as required with special projects and perform all other duties as assigned
• Familiarity with Windows Operating System.
• Demonstrated solid understanding/use of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Intermediate knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel.
• 10-key by touch
• Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
• Understanding of organizational and cost accounting concepts
• In-depth knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Ability to perform risk and security assessments
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
• Ability to collaborate with other different functions and foster teamwork
12810 State Ave WA 98271
- © Safran