Oxygen Systems US supports commercial, military and general aviation life support equipment. The Lead Test Engineer will support the supervision of the verification and validation lab activities as well as the development and test needs for gaseous, mask and chemical oxygen equipment.
Overall support of product verification and validation lab by the creation, automation, as needed, of test equipment for mechanical and pneumatic operations, as well as performance for validation and certification needs.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
• Creates and maintains reports to management on activates and resources availability
• Creates visibility to the department on activates and scheduled down time
• Manages the development and training of personnel for continued growth and capabilities in the lab, with Engineering Managers support.
• Authors, develops and or reviews test plans and procedures, test methods and processes to improve testing capability, efficiency, and accuracy.
• Manages internal and external resources for test stand construction, prove out, and acceptance including outside test services.
• Review product requirements for implementation of test strategies, procedures and set-up
• Generate test plans, test procedures (functional and acceptance), and operating instructions
• Ensure the accuracy and consistency of all test results through thorough documentation processes
• Ownership of work area. The engineering laboratory is a place for experimental activity as well as a show room for conformity and regulatory certification of product
• equipment and facility need to be maintained in a professional manner
• Makes recommendations for improvement of equipment, software, etc..
• Implements improvement plans for the lab, mentoring and training as needed
• Ensures safety is incorporated into all activities of the lab
• Operate a variety of computer/PLC automated and manual test equipment, acquisition systems, environmental chambers, vibration systems, and assorted measurement sensors.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
There is no relocation associated with this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc.) provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft. Our products are currently flying on most operating aircraft, including rotary wing.
Our products include:
• Masks for crew and passengers on civilian and military aircraft
• Cylinders for storing oxygen onboard
• Chemical generators for producing oxygen
• Regulators of all types to control oxygen pressure and flow
• Valves to control the flow of oxygen
• Accessories to stow, mount, refill, monitor, dispense and discharge
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required – Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
Required – 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience
• Experience in the aerospace industry
• Experience with RTCA DO-160 and/or MIL-STD-810G environmental test standards
Special Knowledge/Skills –
• Understanding of and experience with engineering testing methods such as planning, executing and reporting on tests or experiments.
• Experience with logical trouble shooting steps to solve technical challenges.
• Experience with data acquisition hardware and software.
• Experience and proficiency with technical writing; strong communication skills
• Software experience – MS Office Tools, Excel, CAD, data acquisition and coding.
• Solid software experience – VBA programming, Solidworks, Matlab, LabVIEW
• 3D Printing
• Strong interpersonal skills (teamwork, flexibility) to work with internal and external customers
• Electrical or Electromechanical test equipment experience
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- © Safran