Perform Quality Assurance functions and is responsible for failure prevention and quality assurance by audit/design insuring customer satisfaction. Responsible for supervising assigned employees and tasks engaged in reviewing product and systems quality.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Investigate product deficiencies on customer returned or in plant parts to determine failure mechanism and implements corrective action.
2. Interpret drawing requirements and prepares receiving inspection instruction sheets ensuring a minimum of functional problems at assembly and in service.
3. Conduct reliability and safety analysis on proposed products, in development and on existing products to determine numerical service life without failure (MTBF) and/or product failure modes. Supply reliability proposal write-ups.
4. Conduct Quality Assurance activities pertaining to internal and external customer requirements.
5. Evaluate and correct manufacturing/customer problems.
6. Create inspection plans as required by customer/regulatory agencies.
7. Review Change Request Engineering Orders (CREO).
8. Perform Cost Analysis and proposal writing for feasibility and compliance.
9. Perform internal and external Quality Assurance audits.
10. Analyze internal and external quality problems.
11. Supervise, train and assign work to Quality Assurance personnel as required.
12. Responsible for the supervision and maintenance of quality records and procedures within department.
13. Evaluate discrepant product for proper disposition and corrective action requirements.
14. Establish and monitor testing and acceptance criteria for purchased and manufactured product.
15. Support/establish Quality Assurance requirements for New Product Development programs.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
There is no relocation associated with this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required: B. S. Mechanical Engineering related technical discipline
Required: 3 years of Engineering experience
Preferred: 4 years of Engineering experience
Special Knowledge/Skills –
Required: Knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Mechanisms
Preferred: Demonstrated problem solving on various mechanical mechanisms
- © Safran