The Contracts, Trade and Export Compliance Manager is responsible for overall company contract development and management. Supports Business Development in evaluating business opportunities. Develops contractual documents under which Safran products and services are provided to customers.
• Serve as the company's senior contracts manager
• Review and approve standard contractual documents used in contract dealings such as: terms and conditions, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, alliances and license agreements
• Consult with legal counsel as required
• Review requests for quotation, requests for proposal, etc. to assure that the most favorable business terms and conditions are obtained
• Lead or participate on the negotiating team during contract negotiations and support dispute resolution
• Participate in the internal business decisions such as pricing, project reviews, in-process project reviews, and proposal preparation
• Participate in due diligence activity on acquisitions and divestitures
• Create and execute effective training plan
• Assist team in removing obstacles that would otherwise preclude project success
• Maintain contracts database in-line with Safran and Oxygen Systems policies
• Advise management of business risk and legal risk clauses in coordination with Safran legal to classify as business risk vs. legal risk
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the Sales & Operations Planning process.
• At times, will be asked to support other entities within the Safran Group.
• Serve as the company's Trade Compliance Correspondent, liasing with Safran Aerosystems' Trade Compliance Officer
• Support the company in creation and management of the trade compliance documentation required to establish contractual relationship with business partner
• Support the company in putting in place and managing the contract with the business partner, including follow up of remuneration and applicable documentation
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, domestically and internationally. Includes, but not limited to FAR and other appropriate Government and foreign country regulations, internal regulations and standards, and Third Party Agreements. Obtain licenses and monitor licensing requirements and ensure ongoing compliance.
Solid Reporting Line: Oxygen Systems Vice President, Sales and
Dotted Reporting Line: Safran Aerosystems' Legal Department
There is no relocation associated with this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc.) provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft.
Our products include:
• Masks for crew and passengers on civilian and military aircraft
• Cylinders for storing oxygen onboard
• Chemical generators for producing oxygen
• Regulators of all types to control oxygen pressure and flow
• Valves to control the flow of oxygen
• Accessories to stow, mount, refill, monitor, dispense and discharge
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum: BS/BA Degree – Business Administration
Preferred: MBA or PMI certification or similar training preferred
Minimum: 5+ years' experience in contracts management and/or
purchasing. Experience in accounting, cost control, pricing
of services, contract law, procurement and commercial
contracts management and real estate transactions
Preferred: Management of Military or Government projects
Experience successfully leading numerous large and
Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Strong business analysis, definition, and design skills
Ability to provide project leadership, coordination, guidance and issue resolution
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Ability to work with minimal supervision
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and other FAR supplements
Knowledge of French desirable
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Domestic Travel Required.
- © Safran