Safran USA has established long-standing, successful, and growing relationships in the U.S. market, and is a supplier of choice in aerospace and defense. Our US. Customer base includes federal, state and local governments, all branches of the armed forces, airlines, cargo carriers, and many companies.
Internationally, our company has more than 76,000 employees in 350 locations across 31 countries. Our US presence in the United States over the last 50 years, currently includes 12 companies and several joint ventures as well as nearly 8,000 employees in 24 states. Safran brings world-class, advanced technologies to its U.S. partners.
The CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) Cyber Officer is a critical new role for Safran in the US, reporting to the to the CEO of Safran USA and dotted to Safran Group CISO. The CMMC Cyber Officer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a companywide CMMC compliance program by establishing and maintaining a CMMC certification and compliance vision, strategy and tactical plan that is realistic and achievable. This will include coordinating with various stakeholders in the Safran business groups, including but not limited to; Contract Manager, Export Control Officer and the Chief Information Officer and integrated with Safran's US local teams.
CMMC compliance is a critical business enabler for Safran. The CMMC Cyber Officer will precisely define the CMMC certification perimeter at the global, group and individual company levels, and establish, maintain, and monitor the organization's CMMC compliance in a realistic and actionable level. The CMMC Cyber Officer also provide oversight for all strategic technology functions for CMMC compliance. The candidate must have executive experience in strategy, security and support of IT operations for large-enterprise, compliance driven environments of 5,000 or more users, with a deep understanding of all functional areas within IT, from the perimeter infrastructure to end user assets. Experience must also include working with business and executive stakeholders to define business requirements and translate those requirements to sustainable technology, applications and services. This role oversees a team of technology professionals dedicated to maintaining and delivering all CMMC compliance functions and the integration and use of those systems and controls across the enterprise.
• Maintain a current understanding of the CMMC requirements; translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business' compliance and certification Ensure compliance with US authorities for business continuity
• Define and follow up IT action plans to fulfill security requirements
• Direct and approve the design of IT architecture and security systems
• Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning
• Manage all teams, employees, contractors, and vendors involved in the CMMC certification and compliance program, which may include hiring; provide training and mentoring to team members
• Select accredited auditors and manage certification audits
• Constantly update the CMMC strategy to leverage best-practice methods and alternatives for compliance
• Brief the local and global executive teams on CMMC certification status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget
• Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business as needed
• Communicate and engage with Employee Services/HR leadership to strategize and execute resource training required for CMMC compliance
• Travel will be required within the US and internationally
Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills):
• Expert in regulatory compliance.
• 10+ years related experience information security including public sector and large enterprise environments.
• 10+ years experience in compliance gap assessments and strategizing, planning and deploying security programs.
• At least 5 years in a senior leadership role in a large enterprise environment of 5,000 or more users.
• Thorough business process and IT operations level understanding of IT infrastructure, applications, services and support.
• Architecture and engineer level skills for all technology domains within a large enterprise environment.
• Experience developing strategies, plans and managing deployments of critical programs and compliance requirements in large enterprise environments.
• Experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT operational support leadership positions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Excellent speaker to various audiences, including executives.
• Proven track record and experience in developing information security policies and procedures
• Experience as an instructor/trainer in information technology.
• Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements with CMMC
• Strong program and project management, scheduling and resource management skills
• Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
• Must be able to envision and articulate a compelling current, intermediate and future state for the business' CMMC certification program, and to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a matter that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding—for both technical and nontechnical audiences
• Ability to combine strategic business and technical direction and translate concepts into actionable implementation plans
Qualifications (Education and Certifications)
• Certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Required
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) required
• Lean Blackbelt certification preferred
• IT related engineering certifications (past or current)
• Additional certifications in Strategy and Risk Management preferred
• BA/BS Degree (4-year) required
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Irving (TX)
Information Technology HelpDesk