Summary of Job Purpose:
Safran Electronics & Defense Avionics USA (SEDA) is looking for a Systems Engineer to take on design and sustaining responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuators, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military, and air-transport aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, field support and system sustainment. While working in a cross-functional team environment, your tasks will include:
● Requirements development and management
● Conceptual studies of electro-mechanical architectures
● System Robustness Evaluation
● Verification/Validation/Test planning, development, and execution
● Customer interface, coordination, and communication
● Coordination with manufacturing operations
● Budget and schedule management
● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
● US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
● Ability to learn at a fast pace
● Ability to work autonomously or in a highly interactive team environment
● Ability to execute tasks with effective project, self and time management
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Knowledge and understanding of systems design
Additional Skills a plus:
● Knowledge/experiences with electrical, software, or electronic system design, analysis and qualification.
● Knowledge/experience with Matlab/Simulink/Simscape and their application to system modeling and design
● Knowledge/experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design
● Knowledge/experience in electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
● Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using tools such as IBM Rational Rhapsody or similar equivalents
● Knowledge/experience in aerospace development processes
● Proficiency in using DOORS software for Requirements capture and management
● Experience with system architecture development
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger keyboards or other input devices, and interact with fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
● This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
● Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Manufacturing for many of our products and our customers are in locations that require travel. Travel distances range from 50 miles to global locations. Travel requirements vary with assignment, but will average 10%.
- © Safran