Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It is an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Summary of Job Purpose:
- This position will lead sourcing projects and assist in implementing strategic programs for the procurement of Direct and Indirect products across multiple sites.
- This position will work with key functional and internal stakeholders to capture business requirements, develop the appropriate sourcing strategy, evaluate responses from the supply market based on total cost of ownership model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee organization wide management of the strategic sourcing initiatives and evaluation of supply base.
- Analyze spend data/trends to identify and develop overall strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing framework with a focus on cost and supplier performance management.
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply, develop and execute plan to consolidate supply base.
- Drive annual cost reductions, proactively manage purchase price variance and lead annual standard cost review.
- Persuade and manage internal client sourcing project teams in a structure and disciplined sourcing process
- Collaborate with Product, Program and Engineering and other cross functional teams to deliver products on time and within cost targets
- Work collaboratively with the Purchasing Agents and Supplier Relationship Managers in the development and formation of purchasing agreements.
- Support Supplier Relationship Manager in development and execution of purchasing agreements, ensure all vendor contracts are in accordance with Safran, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Establish key sourcing performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance and drive continuous improvements.
Assist in monitoring and tracking vendor performance through periodic financial reviews, product performance.
- Actively monitors supplier performance against established standards, identify trends and support Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develops and maintains awareness of changing commodity-related business trends in the marketplace and serve as subject matter expert.
- Support compliance initiatives plus corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
- Support goals and objectives for the Supply Chain department that are flowed down by Company Supply Chain Roadmap and Operations objectives.
Annual Salary Range: $140,216 - $163,048
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- MBA or Master's degree is a plus.
- CPM or CPSM certification is preferred
- You should have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a Purchasing organization and Strategic Sourcing role with increasing level of financial responsibility
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize duties to meet deadlines daily with limited supervision.
- Ability to interact with C-level executives and make presentations to that level
- Proven negotiation skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical framework
- Business awareness
- Knowledge of the ERP MRP
- Green belt preferred
- Knowledge of Quality processes and requirements
- Effective in working with large data set
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
- You must have strong and effective influencing skills and capable of gaining consensus.
- You should be able to effectively and efficiently navigate across the organization.
- Must be able to make the "tough choice" when confronted with complex decisions and demonstrate flexibility on resolving issues
Physical Requirements – Office:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606