Summary of Job Purpose:
Safran Electronics & Defense Avionics USA (SEDA) is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a strong multi-physics and mathematical background to take on development responsibilities for actuations systems, electro-mechanical systems, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, and system sustainment. While working in a cross-functional team environment, your tasks will include:
● Requirements development and management
● Conceptual studies of electro-mechanical architectures
● System/Mechanical design, multi-physics modeling, analysis, and review
● System steady-state and transient performance assessments and trade studies
● System Robustness Evaluation
● Verification/Validation/Test planning, development, and execution
● Customer interface, coordination, and communication
● Coordination with manufacturing operations
● Budget and schedule management
● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
● US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
● Experience with mathematical representations and analysis of physical systems using implicit and explicit techniques
● Extensive experience with system testing, data acquisition, verification, and validation
● Understanding of Statistical distributions and analysis
● Extensive knowledge and experience with detailed electro-mechanical systems such as actuators or other complex mechanical systems.
● Strong history of project management/development, continuous improvement, quality assurance, system processes, and environmental qualification
● Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Simscape and their application to mechanics and system modeling
● Significant experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design,
● Significant experience in electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
● Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using tools such as IBM Rational Rhapsody
● Significant experience in aerospace development processes
● Proficiency in using DOORS software for Requirements capture and management
● Experience with system architecture development using models such as DoDAF
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger keyboards or other input devices, and interact with fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum 5 years of Engineering experience in an Automotive, Aerospace or Medical Device new product development environment
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- © Safran