Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
The Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics, USA (SEDA) is seeking a proactive engaged leader to join the leadership team as a Senior Engineering Manager. This Senior Engineering Manager will lead a team of Project and Systems Engineers to create and support requirements-based designs for Pilot Controls or Actuation products for a variety of Commercial and Military Aerospace customers. In this group manager role the selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring technical excellence coaching/development of individual engineering team members to ensuring a focus on engineering quality. SEDA designs and produces a variety of high integrity products including Wheel/Columns, Rudder Brake Assemblies, Throttle controls, Flap controls, Parking brake controls, Horizontal Stabilizer trim actuation, Flap actuation, Flight Deck Panels, and a variety of Special products so ability to assess understand and propose a way forward will be essential. A high standard for engineering quality as well as a desire for both project management and continuous improvement will be essential for this role. These areas are critical to developing best in class designs more efficiently every time. The role is customer facing, but integrates strongly with internal leaders, so strong communication and interpersonal skills will required. Leading technically and behaviorally are equally key for this role. The successful candidate must be able to apply their technical and programmatic expertise to coach their team members to achieve program and department goals. The candidate must be an advocate for their team and their designs. Employee development (coaching mentoring and career development) and engagement are a continual focus the candidate is expected to lead by example communicate clear expectations and manage individual performance. Lastly the leader will be responsible for engineering execution. The candidate must be able to effectively coordinate SEDA individuals operating on a Hybrid on-site/remote basis. The ability to apply Lean operations principles and methods to engineering activities will be key to enable efficient design process and defect free engineering products
This position is available for a 9/80 as well as a Hybrid work schedule (Tue-Thurs on site in Irvine, CA)
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving predictable performance on SEDA product and technology development activities utilizing Established Industry standard processes and efficient tools;
- Leading execution of robust new product design development processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives (i.e. DFSS/DFR)
- Leading development and execution of strategic planning initiatives, allocation of engineering resources, and technology roadmaps;
- Developing or enhancing close professional relationships with customers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, qualification test requirements, and resolving product performance deficiencies;
- Providing status on technical accomplishments/ issues for SEDA product and technology development programs to the Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA Engineering leadership team ;
- Maintaining close liaison with SEDA Operations team to ensure a clean product introduction hand off and factory support to enable continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes.
- Travel up to 10% of the time domestically and internationally when required
- Demonstrated product design development, qualification and production released for Aerospace industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with development processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
- Experience with development in the ARP4754A framework (preferred)
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems for project controls
- Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop/execute technology development plans.
- Experience with aircraft systems functions, control systems, or electro-mechanical products
- Experience engaging with external research/IRAD funding organizations preferred
- Experience developing team members to achieve their full potential
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. (ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder'', Political Asylee, or Refugee)
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution (Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in an Aerospace new product development environment
- Experience leading teams in a formal or informal role.
Physical Requirements :
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
- © Safran