Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 10,000 employees in the US and 81,000 employees worldwide. Comprising a number of companies, Safran holds leadership positions in its markets. Safran undertakes extensive Research and Development programs to keep pace with its fact-evolving markets.
Safran, for its Electronic & Defense division, is looking for an SAP Master Data Governance Specialist in Irvine, CA
This position will support the entire enterprise by monitoring, analyzing, and maintaining master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organization.
• Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
• Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
• Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
• In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
• Provides assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards.
• Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
• Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
o Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
• Conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
• Provides data consulting in support of business and information technology initiatives to clients to improve client database systems.
• Participates in Configuration Control Boards related to SAP enhancements on behalf of the business
• Participates in periodic SAP AMS reviews with the sole purpose of reducing business impact
• Support IT Projects for business applications to ensure best practices are being deployed.
Education / Experience:
This position requires either:
• A relevant 4 year degree and /or at least 6 years' experience required
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee, or refugee.
• Candidates external to Safran: No relocation offered with this position.
• Only considering candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA, LLC Irvine facility.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to the data quality. Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
• Extensive SAP knowledge in Material Master Module; specifically Materials and Bill of Materials
• Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
• Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
• Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers, and management.
• Good skills in data administration, design, and architecture.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physical Requirements :
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Intermittent travel of less than 10%
- © Safran