Location: Irvine, CA
We have an Electrical Engineering opportunity to join our highly motivated and multi-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing pilot control systems, throttle control systems, actuators, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
● Product design including Digital Design, Schematic Capture, PCB layout, Technical Reviews, Requirements Verification, FAA/EASA Certification
● Perform operational, maintenance, or testing procedures for complex electronic products, components, equipment, or systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes
● Intimate with computers and software, microprocessors, ASICS and FPGAs, common serial and parallel communications, signal conditioning circuitry, cables and connectors, AC and DC power supplies
● Capture, analyze, decompose, and translate requirements
● Capable of producing engineering estimates for individual tasks
● Investigate and understand new technologies
● Experience working with tools such as requirements traceability, test planning, automated test execution, and configuration management
● Circuit analysis (ability to understand circuit function from schematic)
● Experience presenting technical plans or speaking on technical topics to project teams, clients or other groups as required
● 4-8 year's related experience required
● Experience with Aerospace Safety Critical Hardware Design including DO-254 and DO-160 best practices
● The ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly adapt to schedule demands
● Ability to work closely with internal customers at engineering and management levels with minimum supervision
● Strong verbal and written Communications skills
● Strong problem solving skills
● Must be a self-directed individual
● Factory support experience is a plus
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Minimal travel required for this position.
- © Safran