Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Safran, for its Electronic & Defense division, is looking for Contracts Manager in Irvine, CA.
1) Primary Purpose of this Position:
Manage all vendor (direct and indirect) contract activities, to include negotiation, implementation and monitoring of performance for commercial. Participate in the review of US government projects and proposals as it relates to supply chain activities. Support Buyers, Supplier Relationship Managers and Sourcing Manager in the development and implementation of best procurement / business practices.
2) Secondary Purpose of this Position:
Support the overall supply chain strategy for the business, including working with Strategic Sourcing Managers to formalize relationships that can enhance performance and results. To coordinate material data management in relation to essential procurement activities.
3) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply all procedures and techniques necessary to effectively review, draft, amend, negotiate, and securely store contracts.
• Define, document, deploy and implement process in support of all vendor contracts activities.
• Negotiate business terms conditions associated with supplier agreements and provide justification for new and existing contract opportunities. Monitors supplier contractual details and performance after contract award.
• Draft Suppliers Letters (Penalties application, underperforming OTD, DDPM, any contract deviations) to support Supplier Relationship Managers performance activities.
• Monitor contract's expiration dates and draft contract extension and amendments.
• To design, manage and develop effective / agile supply chain solutions.
• Support the Procurement and Supplier Relationship Managers in the management of suppliers and the development and mentoring of the procurement team.
• Manage material liabilities and ensure minimum business exposure at all times.
• Advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
• Manage and control all contracts documentation, data, files and reports.
4) Essential Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
• Ensure adherence to contract policies, processes, and guidelines necessary to maintain secure contract documentation in local SEDA Contracts Database, corporate Safran Commercial Database, and paper files.
• Support development of commodity roadmap and vendor consolidation programs.
• Work with Strategic Sourcing Managers to introduce strategic pricing models to deliver favorable PPV through structured cost reductions initiatives.
• Ensure all contractual information on contract parts within the ERP system is maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
• Support Supplier Relationship Managers to initiate action plans that identify and mitigate commercial risk/cost of obsolescence and impact to operational plans.
• Provide contracts expertise across the business, and support the execution of a common approach across all commodity groups.
• Produce Monthly contract status reports for the Supply Chain team
• Support the development and deployment of Procurement policies and processes, and ensure they are followed, with particular reference to ethical business standards.
• Any other reasonable duties as required by the Procurement Manager.
5) Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in contract management of aerospace components and higher-level assemblies. Demonstrated ability to influence and close negotiations with current and potential suppliers. Working knowledge of business law and contracts/torts.
• Basic knowledge and experience of Electronics, Machining, Mechanical Assemblies, Castings/Forgings, Plastics/Rubber, Catalog Hardware commodities
• Project and subcontract purchasing techniques - to include negotiation, tendering and contract management – in a large multinational corporation.
• A self-motivated team player able to operate with the minimum of supervision that can communicate clearly (both written and oral) with employees, suppliers at levels from individual contributor to executive management.
• Ability to contribute at a strategic level within the business.
• Ability to objectively assess a supplier as a key member of a strategic source selection / audit team, with particular reference to commercial, business and supply capability skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, high volume activity and establish priorities in a dynamic business environment. Project management experience across multi-functional projects. Fluent in the use of MS Office/Project/Excel and Word for business purposes.
• Must reside within commutable distance of position. Relocation is not available.
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident that has legal right to employment in the US. Company will not sponsor US visas for employment.
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing or a related subject. Knowledge of US business, contracts and torts and / or a law degree would be a plus.
• Candidate has, or is willing to obtain, any necessary security clearances required by the United States government if necessary.
• Good knowledge of ERP systems, particularly SAP.
• Aerospace industry knowledge preferred.
• Law degree and or license to practice law in at least one state is preferred.
International and/or Domestic travel required; 10-15% of time.
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
- © Safran