The Import / Export Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day import and export trade compliance for the Safran Nacelles Services America facility, supporting the Manager of Purchasing, Inventory, and Logistics. The Import / Export Coordinator must develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions to enable Safran Nacelles Services America to comply with all import and export regulations and laws as well as Safran S.A. and Safran USA Inc. guidance and policies.
The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following, noting others may be assigned as needed:
• Perform product reviews to accurately confirm or determine US Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS US) Codes, Schedule B codes, US Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN's), and USML codes.
• Maintain database(s) and assist with various activities relating to the maintenance of HTS, Schedule B, ECCN, and USML codes as well as country of origin within the company's systems.
• Maintain logs for export licenses, license exceptions, end use / end user reviews, etc.
• Determine requirements for all export transactions in accordance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
• Monitor and work with all departments to ensure technical data transfers and services are performed in accordance with export control laws and regulations.
• Work with company I.T. to ensure proper access controls are in place to prevent access to company or customer export controlled technology by unauthorized parties.
• Prepare and submit export license applications as needed; implement measures and monitor to ensure compliance with all license conditions and parameters.
• Ensure denied party screening is performed on all parties involved in each transaction using Visual Compliance as provided by Safran S.A. or by using authorized agent. Review to resolve false hits or escalate as needed.
• Perform end use / end user reviews as needed. Investigate and escalate any red flag situation that may arise.
• Prepare shipments from distribution center, including picking, packing, labeling, and coordinating transportation.
o Ensure any needed export authorization is in place and shipment is within scope of authorization.
o Prepare export invoices using proper valuation methodologies, ensure all data elements are accurate (description of goods, HTS, Value, ECCN, COO, Incoterms, Destination Control Statement, etc.)
o Prepare and submit export filings as needed, or ensure filings are correctly and timely filed by authorized agent.
o Prepare any supporting documents as needed such as air waybill, Shipper's Letter of Instruction, bill of lading, etc.
o Track all export shipments to delivery and correct export filings as needed or provide information to authorized agent for correction.
o Ensure required freight forwarder authorization is on file as needed for any customer routed transactions.
o Work with customer-designated freight forwarders for export of goods in routed transactions and follow up to track shipments and ensure all necessary export records are received and maintained.
• Ensure all import and export documentation is retained according to applicable recordkeeping laws and regulations as well as Safran policy. This will include any necessary filing, scanning, uploading, maintenance of logs, etc.
• Interface and build relationship with U.S. customs brokers, freight forwarders, carriers, and internal customers to prevent delays in the movement of
Education / Experience / Skills Required:
• Bachelor's degree in business or related area preferred; knowledge of EAR, ITAR, FTR, and OFAC concepts, practices, etc. and a minimum of 5 years import and export experience including technology controls, export jurisdiction and classification, HTS / Schedule B classification, deemed export review and authorizations, AES filing and ACE portal, export documentation, incoterms, valuation methodologies for import and export, as well as import declarations and processes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong ability to work with global and cross-functional teams as well as customers, suppliers, and service providers.
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Experience with picking, packing, scheduling carriers, etc. preferred
725 S. Girls School Rd IN 46231
- © Safran