Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Supplier Quality Engineer acts as the voice of Safran Quality at the supplier and at Safran. This role design, develop, and implement strategies to improve supplier quality performance in a sustainable way. Identify and mitigate any quality related risks. Ensure quality and cost effectiveness of materials by deploying processes, capability tools and continuous improvement projects. This position reports to the Manager, Supplier Quality in the Supply Chain division.
• Monitor supplier key performance indicators
• Investigate and manage supplier non-conforming issues and related roots causes analysis to implement sustainable corrective actions (8D/5WHY'S). Launch actions as needed to meet Safran targets
• Review and manage First Article Inspection Reports
• Coordinate the quality related actions between the suppliers and the Safran Cabin cross functional team stakeholders : procurement, engineering, commodity management and SPM
• Support Source Inspection at Supplier sites as needed
• Support new product introduction, including Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Ensure continued compliance of supplier with inspection delegation requirements (periodic on site audit, monitoring of effectiveness of supplier delegation process)
• Perform evaluation of new and current suppliers in order to ensure compliance with Safran quality and regulatory requirements (e.g., AS9100). Follow up on corrective actions (CAR) resulting from audit findings
• Based on the supplier risk level, perform periodic assessments of current suppliers in order to identify and mitigate the risks
• Perform trainings internally and externally as needed
• Initiate supplier development projects
• Develop the supplier quality system maturity by managing quality improvement projects
• Collaborate with suppliers to asses manufacturing process for potential improvements
• Support Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) initiatives for new development programs
• Assist in training and on-boarding of new Level 1 and 2 Supplier Quality Engineers
• Support third party registrar/customer on-site audits
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Education: Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Composite or Industrial Engineering or equivalent education or 8 years of equivalent quality engineering experience.
Experience: 5+ years of progressive quality experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial manufacturing environment and project management experience
• Full understanding of material management
• Full understanding of Part-21 and Part-145
• Expert in process manufacturing management (SPC, special processes) and project management
• Expert in Lean Six Sigma principles
• Mentor and Coach personnel
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
• APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society): BASIC certification or equivalent
• Black/green belt 6 sigma certified
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification with AS/EN/JISQ 9100 training
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Traveling is required.
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
- © Safran