The Project Engineer 4 (PE4) is responsible for the development, design, test, verification, validation, documentation, qualification, support and release of variety of complex electromechanical components and equipment with mechanical, electronics and software content. The PE4 has extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of design and product support of aircraft equipment and systems and will be able to troubleshoot the equipment successfully and lead in failure root cause analysis. The PE4 extends technical leadership and is able to lead a team of 3 or more engineers and effectively operate in a cross functional team with members of other departments / partners.
The PE4 interprets customer requirements documents and relate them successfully to the design of new products to meet those requirements. The PE4 is fluent in aircraft regulatory requirements and is able to identify improvement opportunities in the equipment to meet the ever changing needs of the customers. Responsible for the complex electro-mechanical equipment fulfilling the overall system operation, the PE4 has attained the expert level knowledge of the project/system for which s/he is responsible and is responsible for all aspects of safety and regulatory compliance.
Summary of Duties:
• Is responsible for the creation and execution of product strategies, product IR&D, and product life cycle management.
• Provides technical leadership and guidance to other engineers with the capacity to mentor and train engineering staff
• Supports proposal activities including identifying applicable innovative technology and providing engineering resource estimation
• Monitors project performance metrics, and provide monthly updates to his/her manager on project NRC status (ITD, EAC, variance to plan), product DTC and DTW status. Works with Program Management and Sales to manage all out-of-scope requests and assists with assertions.
• Works independently and/or with a team composed of various disciplines including program management, sales and marketing, operations. Leads and oversees all aspects of product design life cycle including research, proposal, development and production phases.
• Develops project and/or development plans including schedules, budgets and necessary design resources.
• Thoroughly translates equipment specification into a work breakdown structure and product breakdown structure, equipment / component specifications, and allocate software and hardware requirements.
• Creates, maintains and checks the lifecycle documentation for aerospace products such as equipment development plan, validation and verification plan / procedures, qualification plan / procedures. Evaluates or generates Engineering Change Requests (ECR's) as appropriate. The project engineer is responsible for the on-time release of the lifecycle documents in compliance to the program schedule.
• Ensures compliance of design solutions to performance, safety, reliabi
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent
• 12+ years of related experience
• Maintains good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks from internal customers such as project engineers and system engineers.
• Vast in depth product and competitive industry intelligence such as competitors IP activities. Viewed as an industry leader in the subject matter
• Possess in depth and extensive knowledge of manufacturing methods to allow “best fit” for new product development
• Thorough engineering foundation in one or more disciplines such as electrical, thermal, electromechanical, materials, structural, aerospace, and chemical fields.
• Mature written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive consensus to a balanced decision.
• Possess strong work ethic with the commitment to excellence. Effective in working independently or within a cross-functional team.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Must use time efficiently and develop realistic achievable action plans.
• Excellent problem solving skills based on solid technical reasoning.
• Extensive experience in product development under a regulated environment using FAA, SAE, RTCA, OEM and industry guidelines. Knowledge of RTCA-DO160 / 178 / 254 and OEM specifications.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Desired leadership experience in Aerospace (functional lead, project lead)
Description: Senior Level within job role
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
1. Does require fluent communication in English.
2. Employment status is full-time.
3. Minor traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another facility may be required.
赛峰集团（Safran）是一家国际高科技集团公司，业务范围涵盖航空（推进、设备和内装）、防务和航天领域。其核心宗旨是致力于构建更安全且可持续发展的世界，让航空运输更加环保、舒适和便利。赛峰集团业务遍及全球，拥有79000名员工，2020年营业额为165亿欧元。单独或是通过合作，赛峰集团在其核心市场占据全球或地区领导地位。赛峰集团在其技术创新路线图中承诺将大力开展以环境为主导的研发项目。 赛峰集团获评《福布斯》杂志2020年全球最佳雇主。 赛峰客舱公司在客舱内装设计、餐饮系统和货运设备方面处于全球领先地位。