Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the commercial aerospace industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Manager, Business Intelligence is responsible to develop and maintain the enterprise Business Intelligence platforms and ad-hoc reporting capabilities, to define their functional evolutions and to ensure their support and maintenance in order to meet business expectations, in line with SAFRAN Group and SAFRAN Cabin strategy.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
The Manager, Business Intelligence is in charge of collecting business requirements, of piloting projects and developments in the domain and of integrating and maintaining the related applicative solutions with internal and external resources. This role manages a team of Business Intelligence Analysts to deliver expertise in reporting & dashboard capabilities. This role will report to SAFRAN Cabin Applications and BI director.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
1. Develop companywide Business Intelligence (BI) vision, strategy and roadmap
2. Create and enforce policies and standards for implementation of best-in-class BI capabilities. Ensure the standardization and harmonization of SAFRAN Cabin Reporting application landscape.
3. Define and maintain BI architecture and applications. Establish strategic goals and improvement plan for the BI team.
4. Oversee BI reporting training and education within IS and business organizations
5. Develop and maintain effective and efficient capabilities to secure operations, including process and technical features modifications to keep a best in class BI platform; communicate changes to other process owners and BI stakeholders.
6. Communicate effectively with key customers, Business Relationship Managers (BRMs), and IT/IS peer
7. Monitor and realize BI projects, on time, on costs, on quality
8. Ensure functional maintenance of BI Applications (incidents and evolution requests management)
9. Develop, maintain and secure SAFRAN Cabin Institutional BI reports.
10. Develop BI self-services capabilities for business users. Ensure business satisfaction.
11. Manage external resources, domain budget and licences renewal and purchases
12. Perform all other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent or higher in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Experience: Minimum of 10 years' of related experience in data analysis, business intelligence analysis,
BI domain consulting or BI project management.
• Ability to understand and synthetize business and data challenges
• Strong logical reasoning skills and business intelligence.
• Good knowledge of the business processes and In-depth functional and technical knowledge of the BA platform tools.
• Leadership and management skills, communication abilities (oral and written), rigor, organizational skills, tenacity, ability to face pressure, ability to organize, motivate and embark teams
• Technical knowledge: engineering knowledge on products, Data modelling , financial and budget follow-up, industrial organization knowledge, aerospace knowledge
• Governance and steering: respect of good practices, anticipation and management of the load, follow-up of dashboards ...
• Priority management
• Capacity to synthetize and present in a simple way complex topics
• Project management
• Cross-cultural management
France or US-California
Additional Preferred Qualifications/Skills (Optional):
• Fluent in French language preferred
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Partial Remote position, to be based in greater Orange County California (Huntington Beach) or potentially within driving distance of another Safran Cabin facility in the US/France.
- © Safran