Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Summary of Duties:
• Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
• Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
o Apply Safran Cabin & Structures' engineering standards as established in CDE1000, with emphasis on Sections 2, 3, 4, 7 and 10.
• Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
• Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
• Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
• Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
• Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
o Identify problems and develop solutions.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
• All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of Safran's products.
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
• Duties listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. The Company may modify responsibilities as needed to meet business and organizational needs.
Level 1 Qualifications:
Education: BS Engineering/Science OR 2-Yr Technical degree with 2-3 Yrs experience in design engineering
• 1-2 years engineering experience.
• Sound understanding of mechanical systems, the strength of available materials, and manufacturing processes (composite experience is a plus).
• Basic understanding of tolerances and their implications
• Basic understanding of airframe environment, interfaces, airworthiness and regulatory requirements for passenger aircraft;
• MS Windows.
• Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
• CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
• AutoCAD is useful
Description: Entry-level position within field.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
赛峰集团（Safran）是一家国际高科技集团公司，业务范围涵盖航空（推进、设备和内装）、防务和航天领域。其核心宗旨是致力于构建更安全且可持续发展的世界，让航空运输更加环保、舒适和便利。赛峰集团业务遍及全球，拥有79000名员工，2020年营业额为165亿欧元。单独或是通过合作，赛峰集团在其核心市场占据全球或地区领导地位。赛峰集团在其技术创新路线图中承诺将大力开展以环境为主导的研发项目。 赛峰集团获评《福布斯》杂志2020年全球最佳雇主。 赛峰客舱公司在客舱内装设计、餐饮系统和货运设备方面处于全球领先地位。
Electrical Engineer 4
Huntington Beach, California
Design Engineer 3
Huntington Beach, California
Electrical Engineer 2
Huntington Beach, California