Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Application Software Engineer at Safran Cabin Innovation Research & Technology (R&T) group is responsible for software architecture and design of new concepts for web and mobile based IoT applications. The Application Software Engineer will be a part of the team that brings in new ideas and delivers proof of concepts and productionize the applications.
Design of innovative products involved with new technologies such as AI, Vision, and IoT with high performance and rich user experience as a key function in the connected product solutions development. The Application Software Engineer owns the software development process that covers middleware, database, and cloud integration of mobile/web applications for IoT solutions/products. This role is responsible for being hands on with the IoT protocols, wireless stack development, requirements, design, coding and testing for high quality products.
1. Develop mobile/web applications in Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment
2. Collaborate with Safran R&T team to develop applications with focus on data analytics & value added services
3. Understand and implement web application architecture and layers (databases, caches, server-side, HTML, JS, CSS, user interface) and mobile apps (APIs, view layer, etc.)
4. Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team
5. Implement front-end components/services that integrates with backend (database, payment, etc.)
6. Review and optimize application data access strategies and enforce database quality standards
7. Thoroughly understand and implement AWS services as needed for the platform/applications
8. Perform application integration and performance testing
9. Collaborate with UX/UI (user experience) teams to collect the UI requirements and implement in the web/mobile applications
10. Coordinate with application testing teams to ensure that agile development is supported
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, information technology, or mathematics
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the innovation, design and the development of software products and technologies with prior experience in research (or software product companies)
• Experience in developing high performance scalable and automated web applications/solutions
• Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++, and Java
• Experience in AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SASS, REST and associated frameworks
• Experience using Unix/Linux and developing applications that run on these operating systems
• Experience in any one of the databases design with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or any NOSQL databases
• Experience in any one of the CM tools: Git/Perforce/SVN, etc.
Knowledge & Skills:
People, Process & Analytical Skills
• Ability in solving complex technical issues, and possess a strong ownership and drive to bring issues to closure.
• Demonstrated ability in leadership, excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add values and make a difference
• Critical thinking with open to critique
• Analytical thinking with ability to synthesize information and identify salient points
• Ability to define problems, understands data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Demonstrates ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
• Detail-oriented, organized and work well independently and as part of a team
• User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
• Knowledge and minimum experience in developing applications using AWS cloud technologies
• Hands on experience in IoT messaging protocols such as MQTT and CoAP
• Knowledge of cloud based server-less infrastructure (Microservices architecture with Kafka/Kinesis etc.)
• Knowledge in DevOps (Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration)
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
- © Safran