The Technical Director has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all technical and quality-related activities of the company.
• Lead the Technical and Quality department at CFM Materials to ensure lean and effective processes are in place across processes, systems, and functions.
• Defines and oversees engine technical reviews. Utilizes O.E.M. engine shop manual, specialized instructions, and regulatory requirements, etc. to assess engine status.
• Define and continuously improve procedures for efficiently obtaining technical documents to support engine and part sales.
• Defines engine workscopes and oversee engine shop visits from the technical perspective. Defines and oversee engine inspections for serviceability and continue time in service.
• Defines company standards, procedures and policies related to the technical and quality aspects of the business.
• Develops, implement and maintain operating plans / strategies for each assigned program or engine
• Oversees company ISO and ASA certification. Responsible for the company quality system.
• Communicates progress, status and issues to the appropriate departments
• Continuously strives to strengthen and refine department effectiveness
• Develops procedures for fulfilling project objectives, identifying problem and recommending solutions
• Has the ability to act proactively in search of competitive advantages for CFM Materials.
• Assists in establishing yearly objectives, oversee long-term budgetary planning.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all the employees of the Technical and Quality department.
• Well organized, critical thinking, ability to analyze technical data
• Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at the same time
• Detailed understanding of aircraft engine technical records
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
Required Education and Experience
• College degree with at least 8 years of experience in a maintenance or repair position in an aerospace company.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Knowledge of Turbojet Engine and general aerospace rules and requirements
• Knowledge of Repair and Inspection technics and tools related to engine components
• Knowledge of the FAA regulations related to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
• Knowledge of the ISO9001/AS9100-9110 and ASA-100 standards and general Quality methods and tools. Must be able to develop and maintain company certifications
• Must be able to organize, coordinate and conduct audits and train internal auditors.
• Capable of preparing, coordinating, and maintaining accurate detailed documentation necessary for technical approval
• Advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Travel may be required up to 15% including international travel
- © Safran