Summary of Job Purpose:
The Quality Engineer is a member of the Quality Team with primary responsibilities for full program quality technical support and for developing, managing and communicating the reliability & maintainability methodology for a new development programs and their continued sustainment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with engineering, program management and procurement functions to ensure quality standards are established and adhered to on the program and with suppliers
- Use knowledge of electronic components, mechanical components and material used for production of hardware to assess compliance with program requirements, contract, and engineering documentation
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of parts/materials, components, and products
- Design and analyze quality inspection and testing processes, conduct quality assurance audits
- Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable quality and reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements, and perform follow-up verification for effectiveness of corrective measures.
- Conduct root cause/corrective action on nonconformities; participate in Continuous Improvement activities
- Responsible for data integrity and process conformance to AS9100C, FAA, EASA, CAAC, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Perform customer interface and manage flow down of customer requirements
- Approve manufacturing documents & support the development & post-development phases of the program
- Drive quality performance in support of Internal and external customer goals and objectives
- Liaise with the internal/external organizations/customers on quality issues
- Collect and analyze data, and generate technical reports and presentations
- Implements methods and practices to reduce variation, with a goal of attaining Six Sigma quality levels. Understands the application of SPC, First Pass Yield, and gage effective use within the factory.
- Participates in program reviews, design reviews, ECB where appropriate as the Quality process technical expert
- Perform R&M assessments of designs; from preliminary through detail design work
- Formulate reliability analyses and predictions (including development of failure rate estimates
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA) and testability assessments including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), fault detection and fault isolation.
- Assess manufacturing parametric and maintenance removal times.
- Familiarity and/or experience with developing Reliability Substantiation Specifications and FRACAS evaluations
- Formulates or assists in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices
- Interfaces directly with vendors and OEMs to resolve technical issues
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- May be required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment (e.g. key supplier, partner).
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, statistics, quality or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Quality or Engineering
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Skills and Abilities:
- R&M experience in a defense, automotive or related industry
- Experience in Reliability, Maintainability & Testability disciplines (e.g. FMECA, HALT, etc)
- Thorough working knowledge with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and Continuous Improvement SPC, and Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience with problem solving methodology such as A3 and 8D
- Knowledge of manufacturing structures, varied processes, operating practices, and operating budgets.
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously
- AS9100, ISO9001, Mil-Std working knowledge
2802 Safran Drive TX 75052
- © Safran