Junior Systems Administrator
Reports to: IT Manager
The Junior System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
Operations and Support
• Support and educate end users globally in resolving daily technical issues and questions during normal business hours and occasional after hours.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, backup target locations, and verify consistency through spot check restorations.
• Perform help desk tasks in creation, maintenance and completion.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Automate manual tasks via PowerShell scripting, Power Automate to improve internal efficiencies
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Document operational processes and solutions in the knowledge base and other information repositories
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Technical Capacity
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Management
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's of science in computer science or equivalent on-the-job experience.
• 1+ year of system administration and/or helpdesk experience.
• 1+ year of experience in Citrix XenApp, Kaspersky Cloud, Microsoft servers 2012 and later, O365 ecosystem, Azure, Linux, Meraki, Fortinet and basic networking and security.
What we are looking for
• You're always learning and evolving (Webinars, company provided web learning, certifications)
• Helpful and caring – Putting yourself out there for end users in need
• Sponges - absorb it all in and elevate us to the next level
• Team effort – we collaborate and communicate and succeed as a team and have lunch together!
• Family tight knit workplace where we all know one another, work and have fun together
• Game room and gym to take breaks and stress relief to resharpen focus and
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
No travel is expected for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- © Safran