This position receives, inspects, tests, and troubleshoots and repairs items coming from customers to get repaired. This position also creates the quote for chargeable repairs, prepares tear down notes, and prepares the repaired items for shipment.
• Log incoming repairs by creating records of customer units received for repair including customer name, unit ID, return date, etc.
• Inspect unit and create general plan for troubleshooting
• Test unit and direct and narrow troubleshooting plan
• Troubleshoot and repair. Determine exact cause(s) of failure(s) and rectify.
• Prepare and send quote for chargeable repairs. Customer must approve charges for repairs.
• Prepare tear down notes, complete and sign appropriate documents. Comply with Safran procedures and FAA regulations.
• Prepare unit for packing and move to packing department. Ensure that all of customer's property is returned and that required documents are with unit for packing and shipment.
• Requires experience in discipline
• Conducts routine tasks as directed
• Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
Education: High School diploma
Experience: 3 - 5 years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Thorough electro-mechanical assembly and troubleshooting skills.
• Read and understand technical publications and drawings and schematics.
• Strong attention to details and work in a fast-faced department and be able to handle stress diplomatically.
• Ability to communicate clearly in English language.
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Crimping and Soldering Skills
Preferred Skills (not required):
• 2-year technical degree
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
traveling may be required
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841
- © Safran