Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Summary: Apply decorative material such as tedlar, carpet and tapestries to metal, composite and plastic aircraft interior parts with a pressure sensitive, heat activated or sprayable adhesive.
• Adheres to company specifications, work instructions, engineering prints and work orders.
• Documents the materials and/or process used in the process to maintain traceability.
• Clean panels in preparation for décor application.
• Applies decorative material such as tedlar, carpet and tapestry to aircraft interior parts per applicable specifications.
• Mixes and applies adhesive per work order instructions as necessary for application of decorative material.
• Operates vacuum and heat bladder machine with tooling for processing of heat applied décor.
• Safely handles various regulated materials used in the process.
• Requires little to no experience in discipline
• Conducts routine tasks as directed
• Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
o Must carefully and safely handle raw material and manufactured parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by handling.
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of all company products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
o Must manage the collection, disposal, and storage of hazardous and non-hazardous
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of experience.
Computer Skills: Not required.
Description: Advanced level position within field.
• Requires significant experience within discipline and thorough working knowledge of subject matter
• Handles complex issues, escalates only the most complex issues to higher level staff
• Performs work under limited supervision with some latitude for independent judgment
• The ability to read and write English at a comprehensive level is necessary for successful job performance.
• Good hand/eye coordination a must.
• Requires sensitivity to safety regulations and requirements.
• Must be able to self-inspect work and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Must have thorough experience/knowledge to operate basic machinery & various pneumatic/hand tools.
• Must meet or exceed current training requirements.
• Understand how to utilize work orders.
• Ability to read engineering blue prints.
• Significant experience in Aerospace Manufacturing.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
o Ability to provide peer review and oversight to junior Décor Technicians as needed.
o Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as to provide training in the discipline.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Traveling may be required.
- © Safran