Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Safran growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. The buyer role is responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order. Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
• Point of escalation to material issues that require attention and present a risk for the buyers to successfully execute the procurement process to meet the required demand dates
• Coaches, trains, and mentors junior Purchasing Agents
• Identify and manage special projects and teams, as required
• Assist in the continuous improvement of the Purchasing organization
• Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
• Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
• Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution
• Provides peer review and oversight to junior Purchasing Agents
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter
• Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
• Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
• Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
• Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
• Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
• Generate effective comm
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
• MRP system experience
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed.
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders.
• Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
• Previous experience supporting manufacturing, aerospace preferred
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Travel may be required.
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841
- © Safran