Responsible for developing and fabricating patterns for simple designed cushion details and covers for cushion assemblies. Interprets sketches and verbal instructions. Must be capable of reverse engineering of products and have working knowledge of pattern development. Experience with computer development, software for pattern making.
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
- Works from complete blueprints and other written and verbal instructions.
- Responsible for layout and building of complete patterns with or without the aid of Cushion Development.
- Sets up and cuts patterns to close tolerances.
- Required to reverse-engineer a product within the statement of work.
- Work with Cushion Development and vendors to maintain patterns to latest revisions.
- Maintains a high quality of workmanship and assumes responsibility for work performed in assigned duties.
- Maintains records and locations of patterns on tracking system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A) Knowledge and Skills:
Must have knowledge of scheduling, blueprints and MRP type system.
B) Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years' experience in a Dress Cover or Pattern Development environment.
Acts in accordance with company values and related competencies.
Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication. Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
Ability to solve problems and think strategically.
This position requires extended periods of sitting while working with computers and viewing computer monitors and other office equipment. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone, computer and copy machine, etc. Bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to approximately twenty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.
No Travel Required
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240
- © Safran