The Manufacturing Engineer 2 defines the production process flow and production line structure for design Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Operational Excellence. This role improves operations by supporting production element mainly through Bill of Materials, Routers, and work instructions. This role also contributes to optimizing manufacturing resource usage through continuous improvement.
Summary of Duties:
1. Provide moderately complex technical deliverables during the manufacturing (production) engineering phase such as production documentation, industrial validation process, etc.
2. Provide high-level support to Design Engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product
3. In product design phase: perform technical analysis that demonstrates production constraints and ensures opportunities are recognized and addressed - evaluate the current state of industrial capacity and capability relative to program requirements - propose changes to program plans to ensure that production cost, quality and delivery objectives can be met.
4. Perform identification and justification of capital expense and infrastructure investments and oversee their implementation.
5. Review complex 2D drawings and 3D models for manufacturability.
6. Perform complex time studies, develop multi-tier work breakdown structures, develop detailed work instructions and contribute to development of specifications
7. Develop and maintain industrialization metrics in line with Safran Cabin standard KPI's and communicate performance data on a regular basis
8. Ensure that lean manufacturing principles are used to improve the efficiency of programs and production lines
9. Ensure application of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and company specifications.
10. Apply concepts of assembly lines, BOM creation, and production line layout
11. Be proficient with most site manufacturing procedures.
12. Apply concepts of engineering drawings and 3D models relating to manufacturability.
13. Proficiency with assembly line layout and design
14. Provide training to technicians
15. Collaborate with other departments on problem solving methodologies such as 8D.
16. Support quality, non-compliances, and 8D investigations
17. Creation and validation of Production tooling
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
Minimum 3 years related experience in highly regulated engineering design or production environment.
• Advanced understanding with ERP systems
• Working knowledge of CAD and PLM Software (CREO Parametric and Windchill preferred)
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience working at an aircraft or other aerospace OEM
• Significant knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Proven ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and models
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Proven organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• SS White/Green belt certification preferred
赛峰通风系统公司（Safran Ventilation Systems）是民用和军用航空领域高性能通风系统的全球领导者。已涉足商用飞机、公务机、支线飞机和直升机等全部细分市场，赛峰通风系统公司支持所有最新启动的民用项目，同时在变速和变频通风领域占据第1的位置。
- © Safran