The Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Engineer is responsible for administration, configuration, deployment, coordination, development, and integration of CADD, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Data Management (PDM) technology and tools of the company. The CADD Engineer provides support and training on the tools and works closely with the Information Technology (IT) group with regards to software and hardware licensing, upgrades, service packs and the like.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and support CADD software including, but not limited to, AutoCAD and Inventor; Assist with upgrades of CADD software and tools
• Develop, implement and maintain Drafting Standards
• Develop, implement and maintain 3D modeling best practices
• Develop, implement and maintain drawing templates for all engineering drawings
• Organize the CADD environment
• Supply technical support for all CADD software
• Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
• Train and mentor CADD users
• Provide leadership and vision to the company in the area of CADD
• Customization of CADD Programs and processes
• Automate processes through standardized workflows, templates and other means as identified
• Develop and improve workflows, CADD processes and data management to meet business needs across the company
• Collaborate with IT team to design and support the CADD, PLM and PDM environment
• Coordinate user licensing and hardware requirements, upgrade requirements and service pack rollouts with IT team
• Respond to and close out IT help desk tickets pertaining to CADD specific issues
No formal management training required. The CADD Administrator should be comfortable with assisting all CADD users, at varying skill levels
• The CADD Engineer should have a two year technical or engineering degree and at least five years relevant industry experience in CADD. In lieu of a two year technical degree a combination of other relevant technical training and at least 7 years industry experience is required.
• Aerospace industry experience preferred.
• Commanding knowledge and experience with AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault v 2010 or higher, or similar CADD/PDM platforms where skills would be easily transferrable.
• Drafting excellence with 2D layouts and 3D solid modeling
• Communication: Ability to interpret and discuss information with others which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people, at all levels of the organization.
• Standardization: Ability to create standards and manage settings for AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault software.
• Troubleshooting: Ability to perform troubleshooting between multiple CADD and PDM systems
• Product Data Management (PDM): Ability to organize and store data in a secure environment that provides a single source of reference for all users to easily and safely access and manipulate data.
• Product Lifecycle Management (PLM): Ability to create workflows with PLM software to automate key tasks and improve visibility of project information by creating useful dashboards.
• Mentoring and Training: Ability to work with daily CADD users to determine and implement best practices, training and solutions for CADD related issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to collaborate and liaison between Engineering and IT professionals to define requirements for CADD software and hardware optimization to meet business needs.
• Ability to support the IT department and CADD users in data migration and other utility tasks in a timely and cost efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task effectively, and work under pressure.
• Comfortable working with all levels of an organization.
• Primarily office work with some travel required.
• Daily local travel by car
Where We Work:
Our Everett, Washington facility is state of the art. Situated right on the Snohomish River, this is the perfect place to use all of your skills and knowledge to become an amazing engineer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Northwest Aerospace Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Candidates for positions with Northwest Aerospace Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic In Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201
- © Safran