A glimpse at the job:
This role is located in our Denton, Texas facility, within the North America headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power.
In the role of Manufacturing Engineer II, you work closely with all functional groups to develop cost effective manufacturing and assembly processes and related documentation for use throughout the manufacturing facility. You'll have the opportunity to create manufacturing work instructions, specify design tooling and fixtures, and directly support engineering activities in assembly area. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position has the exciting opportunity to support a project team for deployment of an improvement referential in the Safran Electrical Components facility in Santa Rosa, CA.
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Creates new and/or corrects/modifies/rewrites existing production routings defining each operation required to move a component, sub assembly, or assembly through the manufacturing process from issuance of raw material through production assembly and test;
• Creates new and/or corrects/modifies/rewrites existing manufacturing work instructions and procedures defining the manufacturing steps;
• Assumes complete process ownership of assigned manufacturing or assembly area and provides appropriate level of floor support, interfacing with other functional groups as required, to review and resolve processing issues;
• Researches, specifies and/or designs tooling and fixtures to aid in manufacturing and inspection;
• Participates in “make/buy” decision process to determine the most cost effective way to obtain components. Supports Supply Chain with supplier inspection, accreditation and selection;
• Where applicable, creates/modifies computer programs to streamline and improve accuracy of data collection throughout Operations;
• Performs industrial engineering tasks, as required, such as time studies and work center/cell development and layout to improve product work flow and decrease lead time/cost;
• Supports and provides assistance, as required, for various special projects.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based on export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
• Requires Bachelor degree (BS) or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic, Electrical, or related field and 3-5 years related experience in manufacturing and/or quality processes.
Experience – Technical Skills
Mid-level position - 4 plus years of related experience and/or training.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering, metal forming and tube bending, and/or electrical, electronical, and automation engineering.
Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Knowledge and usage of Inventor, Altium, LabView, or other software specific to Production Control and Inspection and Validation is a plus.
Interpersonal skills required: Communication, team player, problem solving, time management skills, ability to accept and provide constructive feedback, mentoring and coaching.
May require travel to Santa Rosa, California location for the first two months of hire.
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在13个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran