Creates complex design of aircraft interiors, structures and/or mechanical systems to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs complex mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures, and/or mechanical systems.
• Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
• May perform as functional ‘Lead' for group on specific projects.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
• Planning and Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner.
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3D Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (Inventor and AutoCAD preferred).
• Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
• Budget and project management experience required.
• Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran