Coordinates activities involved with the procuring of goods and services such as aircraft furnishings, structures, systems, electrical, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as lead time, price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Negotiates or renegotiates price, schedule, terms & conditions, etc. and administers contracts with suppliers and other supply chain representatives.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish job tasks and goals associated with supply chain procurement and management.
• Negotiates and manages specialty and high value contracts with limited supervision.
• Estimates values according to knowledge of aerospace market price and determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
• Analyzes supplier proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices and prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Monitors design, development and production of complex monuments, assemblies, production articles and parts to ensure they are built per drawing specifications and meet all quality standards.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
• Maintains and reviews computerized records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance and inventories.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, suppliers, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during performance of contract.
• Approves invoices for payment and expedites delivery of goods to users.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
Job Core Competencies
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
• Negotiation Skills – You clarify interests and positions of all parties and adjust tactics to achieve desired results; you manage conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; and you develop alternative options for mutual gain while building consensus through give-and-take.
• Problem Solving-Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, works well in group problem solving situations.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree and five years experience purchasing various aerospace commodities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the procurement of raw materials, parts, and commodities related to VIP aircraft interiors. Aerospace experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
• Proven ability to negotiate prices and proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Dynamics AX, order processing systems such as MRP or ERP and Internet knowledge.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran