Provides Senior Engineering leadership to the technical team in development of certification substantiation documentation to meet customer and regulatory requirements. Develops Engineering project plans to generate certification substantiation documentation for large aircraft projects. Provides leadership for the development of certification substantiation documentation and completion of customer/regulatory agency submittals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops statements of work (SOW), define regulatory compliance requirements and actions to satisfy project objectives.
• Develops an engineering plan for generation of certification documentation and mapping to regulatory requirements. This includes the following:
o Regulatory requirements definition
o Appropriate Means of Compliance assigned to the regulatory requirements
o Mapping of regulatory requirements to substantiation documentation
o Regulatory requirements and substantiation documentation change management
• Manage on-time, on-budget, and high-quality delivery of cross functional data items that meet regulatory agency requirements and Customer Data Requirements List (CDRL), and government Data Item Descriptions (DID).
• Establishes, monitors, and reports performance to budgets and schedules for the substantiation document generation and regulatory (CDRL) approvals (i.e., performance metrics)
• Works with customers and management to ensure alignment regarding regulatory requirements and gain consensus regarding associated deliverables providing the showings of compliance
• Identifies and manages changes to the requirements and deliverables
• Responsible for ensuring timely completion of deliverables (analysis, test reports, compliance reports and/or forms)
• Plans identifies and coordinates resources required to prepare certification substantiation documentation over the life of the project
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while prioritizing and assigning tasks and assignments to team members.
• Provides periodic project status to upper management using the latest presentation techniques.
• Evaluates and approves associated changes, specifications, and other data releases.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts
Job Core Competencies
• Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes project on time and budget, and manages project team activities.
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions.
• Leadership – You exhibit confidence in self and others, you inspire respect and trust, you react well under pressure, you show courage to take action, and you motivate others to perform well.
• Negotiation Skills – You clarify interests and positions of all parties and adjust tactics to achieve desired results; you manage conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; and you develop alternative options for mutual gain while building consensus through give-and-take.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or equivalent, minimum 10 years industry with STC or TC experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with FAA airworthiness regulations.
• Experienced in key roles on STC projects.
• Experienced with certification plans and interfacing with FAA designees.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization and organize and facilitate meetings to discuss technical issues.
• Ability to write technical documents (e.g., test reports, analysis, qualification summaries, certification summaries).
• Working knowledge of aircraft certification requirements. E.g., Regulatory requirements (i.e., FAA), certification basis, compliance, conformity, policy, advisory circulars, TSO, PMA should all be familiar terms.
• Familiar with OEM Supplier Data Requirements Catalog (SDRC), Supplier or Customer Data Requirements List (S/CDRL), and government Data Item Descriptions (DID).
• Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Ability to prepare meeting materials, and conduct design reviews
• Ability to plan an engineering package, prepares staffing plans, anticipate critical path issues and set a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Outlook, Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Internet software.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran