• Examines engineering drawings for inaccuracies in material/component specification, prior to or after formal engineering release, utilizing knowledge of basic engineering and manufacturing principles / techniques
• Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy” sub-assemblies and builds the Bill of Material in the MRP system
• Works with engineering and production to determine the materials required to fabricate cabinets.
• Sets up all purchase requisitions for Procurement, based on schedule need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
• Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon aircraft modification schedules and production requirements
• Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
• Support Engineering, Procurement, Ops, PM, Sales and other personnel to exchange information regarding material specifications, material lead times, substitutions, and costs, as required.
• Works with Procurement to improve lead time from vendors and engineering for quality improvements.
• Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department management to identify outstanding needs.
• Coordinates with Procurement and Stores to maintain adequate levels of parts and raw materials to manufacture the products.
• Coordinates with Procurement when items are delayed to determine what materials are to be expedited.
• Arranges internal transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
• Reviews costs associated with materials to determine best value.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience a plus.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
• Demonstrated advanced expertise with Database software; Internet software, MRP software, Inventory and order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and materials specifications.
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities, preferably related to VIP aircraft interiors.
• In depth knowledge of MRP systems and logic, and familiarity with manufacturing flows and production planning.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical skills, including interpretation of leading indicators and trends
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Demonstrated experience with MRP, Inventory and order processing systems; preferably in MS Dynamics AX
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
• Ability to drive continuous improvement processes and standards.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
In accordance with the Federal Government Executive Order 14042, being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a contingency for employment with Greenpoint Technologies. We will consider a request for medical exemption or religious exemption as the law requires. For more information please contact Human Resources at [email protected] and [email protected]
Human Resources Admin I