The Master Scheduler develops, maintains, analyzes, and coordinates the integrated master schedule for facility production. The three areas of focus for this role include: Engineering release, program milestones, and facility production. In addition, the Master Scheduler will:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Be responsible for reviewing requirements for integrated master schedule and reviewing current forecast for corresponding items.
• Maintain and execute the master production schedule to meet customer expectations and performance goals.
• Coordinate with scheduling team and various departments to facilitate on-time production and deliveries.
• Coordinate any changes to schedule with production staff and/or relevant stakeholders.
• In coordination with S&OP, analyze capacity needs to develop realistic manufacturing schedules and project future capacity constraints.
• Continuously update the project schedule based on changes in the master production schedule, engineering activities, material updates, and be comfortable presenting change to leadership team.
• Works with the production staff to expedite operations that may delay projects or alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• In coordination with S&OP, ensure factory is level-loaded based on forecasted workload.
• In coordination with S&OP, ensure the maximization of resources for the production facility – capacity, materials, and labor.
• Ensure that master schedule reporting is on time and accurate.
• Obtains information from planning regarding shortages in existing backlogs and advises management when on-time order deliver is in jeopardy.
• Evaluate impact of “what-if” scenarios on manufacturing performance.
• Inputs data in to various systems and creates/prepares reports for production planning or customer meetings;
• Drives operational excellence and provides Supply Chain expertise to other functional areas.
• Must be organized and possess time management skills and be able to adapt to priority changes.
• Regularly provides master schedule updates to relevant stakeholders and leadership team.
Obtain information planning from shortages.
• Works with Production supervisor on a daily basis to monitor status and scheduling in order to obtain on-time delivery of products.
• Works with Development Planning group in order to support any required actions related to new Engineering Drawings or any Design Changes.
• Mentors and supports planners in any inquiry.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Core Competencies
• Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Managing People – Provides direction and gain compliance, includes subordinates in planning, takes responsibility for subordinates' activities, makes yourself available to subordinates, provides regular performance feedback, and develops subordinates' skills and encourage growth.
• Planning & Organization –Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations.
Bachelor's degree, five years of experience in master scheduling in an aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment with the ability to lead and influence others.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Proven ability to generate complex Integrated Master Schedules in a formal reporting environment using MS Excel or MS Project and other elements of the MS Office suite.
• Knowledge of Production Planning and Production Scheduling best practices and principles
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran