The Designer confers with Design Team to establish and refine design concepts of aircraft interiors. Designs must meet customer criteria, quality standards, certification, ease of engineering and manufacturability, and project budget and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports Design Team in building and refining design concepts.
• Uses graphic software or CAD to design and present concepts for aircraft interiors.
• Creates Deck plans, Design Elevations and Detail Drawings, and/or Material Identification Sheets (MIDS/FIDS/RIDS) and monitors the internal release plan.
• Acts as Design focal to Greenpoint Operations, Program Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, and the mod-site.
• Acts as Design focal to external customers.
• Supports project meetings and action items.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Documents and reports risks and lessons learned to Management.
• Assists Graphic Illustrators in building 3D digital models with accurate design intent.
• Performs to the Internal Statement of Work (ISOW) to ensure completeness and accuracy to execute.
• Creates and refines department process checklists.
• Reads publications, attends showings, and researches trends to establish design concepts.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong Computer Aided Drafting skills (AutoCAD preferred).
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) Internet software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
赛峰集团（Safran）是一家国际高科技集团公司，业务范围涵盖航空（推进、设备和内装）、防务和航天领域。其核心宗旨是致力于构建更安全且可持续发展的世界，让航空运输更加环保、舒适和便利。赛峰集团业务遍及全球，拥有79000名员工，2020年营业额为165亿欧元。单独或是通过合作，赛峰集团在其核心市场占据全球或地区领导地位。赛峰集团在其技术创新路线图中承诺将大力开展以环境为主导的研发项目。 赛峰集团获评《福布斯》杂志2020年全球最佳雇主。 赛峰客舱公司在客舱内装设计、餐饮系统和货运设备方面处于全球领先地位。