This position will spend 60% or more of the time on the manufacturing floor, identifying and correcting issues that adversely affect productivity. Areas included in scope are Assembly, Metal Finishing, Shipping, Receiving and Stock Room. Responsible for determining the root cause, corrective action and coordinating implementation of problem resolution. Maintain and update visual assembly documents that supplement assembly drawings. Responsible for reviewing and making recommended changes to improve efficiency of assembly processes and over-all equipment effectiveness.
xtensive interfacing with Assembly, Metal Finishing, Shipping, Receiving, Stock room personnel and Engineers. Must maintain positive contacts when making changes to ensure buy-in from affected employees. Must be able to lead change through setting examples and influence. No direct responsibility for others but instructs and trains others on appropriate procedures and improvement process methods. Ensures that Standard Operating procedures are in place updated and followed correctly by following up to see if additional training or instruction is needed.
Identify Opportunities for Productivity Improvements:
• Working with Mechanics, Supervision and Staff, identify processes for
• Develop and implement a plan to collect appropriate data for analysis of
current state (Productivity factor, standard labor hours, TAKT time, On Time
• Evaluate the results to develop and execute improvement implementation.
• Using Lean tools, evaluate the results of the improvement plan and execute
additional steps to improve as needed (following PDCA)
• Drive the use of ERP (M3) system on the manufacturing floor to increase
productivity. Create standards and product structures and update ERP (M3)
system as required.
• Executing action items to enable implementation of new manufacturing
Maintain Visual Job Instructions:
• Ensure that every process and assembly in area of scope, have visual job
instructions that accompany the assembly drawings.
• Ensure that all job instructions are kept current with process improvements
• Act as Lean champion/facilitator for Operations.
• Drives improvements to 5S+1 throughout production areas. 10%
5 to 10 years' experience in a fast paced Manufacturing environment. Knowledge of Lean skills and principles as used in manufacturing settings. Familiarity with basic assembly processes and methods to improve productivity (man hours, equipment capacity utilization, etc). Excellent computer skills including a familiarity with ERP systems, the Microsoft Suite and ability to read and understand assembly schematics and drawings.
Incumbent is responsible for the timely completion of all activities in assigned areas. Errors in judgment may cause delays in adhering to schedules and have a direct impact on profitability and customer relations.
0 - 5%
2550 Market Street PA 19014-3426