Manages all Contracts and Trade Compliance requirements. Requirements are inclusive of Customer, Regulatory, and Safran internal requirements. Job duties include Contract review and administration, risk management, licensing and trade compliance, financial instrument management (if assigned), training, and multi-dimensional reporting.
Bid and Proposal
• Review initial contract terms and conditions at proposal stage.
• Advise management of business risk and legal risk clauses, in coordination with Safran legal to classify as business risk vs. legal risk.
• Participates as member of contract negotiation team in partnership with Sales, as a required approver of initial bids and final negotiated contracts.
• Approves final contracts for execution.
• Ensures compliance with all Customer, Safran and regulatory requirements, ensures that all non-compliances are highlighted and appropriately approved / resolved.
• Frequently engages directly with customer and/or end user contacts and appropriately represents the Safran Company.
Contract Review and Risk Management
• Reviews all contracts at proposal stage and all contract changes.
• Generates a contract compliance matrix, highlighting legal and contract risks
• Flows compliance risks and non-conformances to appropriate management personnel for rectification or acceptance
• Ensures customers are aware and concur with final contract terms and conditions, drives changes or appropriate documentation of acceptance
• Ensures that all medium and high risk T&C's are rectified and/or accepted and at the appropriate Delegation of Authority (DoA) level
• Archives all contracts in a single archive, with clear indexing for ease of retrieval
• Ensures all contract changes are reviewed and approved as above, and are flowed throughout the organization for proper implementation
• Ensures chat contract changes in scope are appropriately costed and quoted to the customer, as appropriate in conjunction with Program Management (if so assigned)
• Supports accounting to prepare correct monthly or milestone invoices in accordance with contract terms.
• Administers documentation required for close-out of government contracts: close-out audits, final invoice, patent disclosures, disposition of surplus property and final release of claim, etc.
• Advise Vice President Marketing, as to acceptability of payment terms and, in his absence, give provisional approval/disapproval of such terms.
• Coordinate overall divisional compliance.
• Incumbent may be required to perform other duties/responsibilities not specifically listed in this position guideline.
Financial Instruments (if assigned)
• Manages (or supports if not directly assigned) Letters of Credit (LC) for contracts, and ensures accurate alignment of contract and letter of credit. Ensures or supports that banking documentation is in conformance with all LC and contract requirements to ensure timely fund receipts. Resolves (or supports) resolution of all discrepancies in advance of banking activities.
• Manages (or supports) the issuance and receipt of performance guarantees and bonds as required by contracts.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, domestically and internationally. Includes but not limited to FAR and other appropriate Government and foreign country regulations, internal regulations and standards, FCPA, and Third Party Agreements.
• Specifically obtains licenses for all ITAR and EAR regulated items, and monitors all licensing requirements and ensures ongoing compliance.
• Archives in a clear and organized manner all licensing for contracts as required.
• Trade Compliance – manages and/or supports all Safran trade compliance requirements.
• Specifically manage
• Minimum 7 years of experience in government contracting and trade compliance
• Bachelor's degree required in a business discipline, with a JD heavily preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of US regulatory requirements inclusive of FAR / DFAR, ITAR, TINA, EAR.
• Has demonstrated success in managing to domestic and international regulatory requirements for highly engineered defense articles.
• Has demonstrated ability to negotiate and administer complex US and international government contracts.
2550 Market Street PA 19014-3426
- © Safran