The Engineering Project Manager will perform design work and manage project work packages to support improvements to existing emergency evacuation products for aircraft. This position will focus on our customer and product for COMAC but may also include work on non-COMAC projects.
Scope of work will vary over time depending on project workload in the company, but may include:
• Management of smaller-scope technical work packages.
• Providing direct technical support to analyze designs and troubleshoot problems.
• Other similar duties.
Project Engineer Duties:
• Support preparation of small-scale project schedules, cost estimates, project plans, etc. in cooperation with the relevant program manager.
• Define, monitor, and manage:
o Project budgetary needs.
o KPI's for performance, quality, schedule, recurring cost and non-recurring cost.
• Work with an IPT including cross-functional team members.
• Foster timely, streamlined communication with the IPT and management through meetings, dashboards, reports, etc.
• Perform project milestone reviews and support periodic program reviews.
• Manage project risks and opportunities.
• Ensure maintenance of project data and records.
• Ensure compliance with current regulations (especially regarding certification and airworthiness), in-line with customer and regulatory guidance and with support of in-house airworthiness specialists.
• Serve as direct interface with customer and supplier contacts as needed.
• Other technical support, as needed.
Work Package Management duties:
• Work packages may be subsets of full-scale development projects or standalone initiatives.
• Similar to Project Engineering duties
Direct technical support duties:
• Based on workload and resource constraints, the individual may also need to provide technical engineering support, which may involve activities such as:
o Investigating and troubleshooting design issues in production or in the field.
o Applying standard engineering principles and perform testing and/or analysis as necessary to ensure designs are adequate.
o Writing reports and memos.
o Writing ECN's.
General duties and responsibilities:
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
This position may include direct supervision of lower-level Engineers.
This position sits and performs computer work for extended periods of time.
This position requires lifting of up to 30lbs.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• 5 years working experience in a related field.
o Working knowledge of MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel.
o Familiarity with ‘One Safran Develop' desirable, but not required.
o Proficient at multitasking (demonstrated through work experience).
o Proactive – Looks ahead to anticipate risk and opportunities and how they will impact the product design, cost, schedule, etc.
o Thorough and detail oriented.
o Able to work with international customers with English as a second language.
Practices ‘active listening,' and will proactively work to identify and confirm the customer's intent.
Strong technical communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to describe technical content clearly and simply making use of graphics as needed.
o Patient and able to negotiate solutions in midst of varying mindsets.
o Strong technical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems (demonstrated through work experience).
o Strong problem-solving skills (demonstrated through work experience).
Occasional travel will be required, including international trips to visit customers in China as well as our production facility in Mexico. Frequency of travel is low.
1747 NJ 34 NJ 07727