•Manufacturing Engineering support for New Slide programs and improvement efforts where development is required.
•Communication with Design Engineering and production departments in various facilities to ensure manufacturability and standardization throughout development
•Bill of material review and validation for New Programs
•Provide fact-based recommendations for make vs buy decisions.
•Process design through common methods, such as tooling, instructions and equipment.
• Engineered solutions to Improve process and workstation safety
• Proposals for Tooling and process equipment design for standards and quality improvements
• Problem Solving and Process design through common methods, such as tooling, instructions and equipment.
• Creation and maintenance of Cutting and other process work instructions when needed
• Prototype and test procedure design for new manufacturing processes and improvements.
• Support for introduction of new production lines
• Support for resolution of safety and Customer claims issues for new programs
• Presentation at Program Reviews and equipment Capacity Analysis
• PFMEA creation and update support
• Assistance with monitoring and maintenance of labor standards and reporting
•Tooling and process equipment design for New Programs
•Prototype and test procedure design for new manufacturing processes and improvements.
•Industrial project management
•Provide and maintain work instructions when needed
•Assistance with establishing accurate labor standards
• Other duties as assigned.
• BSIE, BSME or Process Engineering degree required plus 1 to 3 years postgraduate work experience
• Hands on Equipment troubleshooting
• Ability to design tools and aids
• Ability to understand and interpret engineering documents.
• Experience with CAD software. Preferably Auto Cad, Solid Works, or Catia
• Must have strong computer skills and excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated Project Management Skill a plus
Occasional travel to other facilities or vendors, national and international.
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727