Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio; May be open to alternative locations, depending on the candidate profile and experience.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible to manage the commercial and contractual relationship with assigned key customer Customers and drive profitable sales expansion, developing new markets while growing existing accounts. The assigned customers will be a combination of traditional aerospace and Advanced Air Mobility customers, in line with Safran's strategy to develop carbon neutral aviation (electric and hybrid-electric aviation).
This role will be responsible for evaluating market trends, competition positioning, developing strategies, developing and presenting sales proposals to clients, and working closely with programs & engineering to deliver on these targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Business Development:
• Develop directly assigned key customer accounts;
• Identify and capture new business opportunities, both commercial and military programs, with associated funding opportunities;
• Identify and capture new business opportunities in the Advanced Air Mobility segment (electric and hybrid-electric aviation);
• Capture market information on Customer/market needs and competition;
• Build and implement business development capture plans (Customer/segments/products);
• Support development of R&T roadmaps with Customers;
• Regular reporting both to top management;
• Safran representation at trade shows.
Contract and Sales Management :
• Manage all commercial and contractual issues with the Customer;
• Ensure compliance to the Mid-Term Plan budgets (non-recurring funding, volume of sales, price updates, cash-flow through accounts receivable collection);
• Coordinate the sales administration activities, ensuring that the booking plan is in line with the sales plan and providing accurate and timely demand forecast;
• Ensure compliance of the terms and conditions executed with Customers;
• Manage the quotation process in case of technical changes (requirements analysis, cost estimation, business plans, validation review, negotiation strategy validation);
• Negotiate commercial and contractual aspects with Customers (in conjunction with other directions – programs, legal, finance, …);
• Get market/customer intelligence and capture information CRM;
• Increase profitability.
Other duties may be assigned;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Compliance with Safran Trade and Export regulations;
• Extra hours may be required during business peaks;
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. persoperson as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• May require long periods of sitting
• May require prolonged repetitive use of upper extremities
Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.) Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, finger and wrist manipulation and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sales, Marketing or Business with a minimum of seven (7) years' related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities and international business skills.
• Successful experience in managing Aerospace sales
• Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques, contractual negotiations and financial principles.
• Excellent leadership, influencing, teamwork and communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Basic financial skills
• Emotionally resilient and able to drive projects effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Strong conflict management skills
• Enthusiastic, with a drive for results
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in office IT suite (excel, word and PowerPoint).
• Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment
• Experience working within a matrix structure
• Background and/or experience with Electrical systems
• Knowledge of SAP environment.
Travel requirements: Up to 50% travel both domestically and internationally;
8380 Darrow Rd 44087